From Monday 11th December 2023 an exciting change is happening for us as an organisation - we have implemeted a new system which will improve your candidate experience! To access your candidate portal for our new system, head to https://worcester.wm-jobs.co.uk/members/
If you have an application in progress with us on, or before, Monday 11th December 2023 – don’t worry, this will continue as it normally would and there will be no impact on your application or the process. More information on our new and improved system can be found on the WMJobs help pages!
Why choose Us?
This is an exciting time to join Worcester City Council!
We may not be a large local authority but we still have ambitious plans, including the development of our historic and beautiful city, increasing tourism and driving economic vibrancy.
Working for Us
Worcester City Council is always on the lookout for talented individuals, who want to make a real difference to our city and can help us to continue building on our success.
We are committed to seeking excellence in everything we do, including smarter ways of working and enhancing employee wellbeing. We have moved away from traditional ways of working for the majority of our roles, towards hybrid working, including home working, hot desking and flexitime.
By encouraging better work-life balance, we gain a healthy, happy, engaged and thriving workforce, who then deliver meaningful outcomes for Worcester.
We will offer You
- You will normally work a 37-hour week (although we have part time roles too). Annual leave starts at 26 days and rising to 31 days after 5 years' service, in addition to paid public holidays.
- A generous flexitime scheme (where applicable) that can accrue an additional two days off per month
- An additional fixed day off over the Christmas period and you can purchase up to 5 additional days' holiday per year.
- Incremental pay increases within your grade, alongside any national pay awards.
- Flexible working options including working from home and the right to request a variance in weekly hours and/or a reduction in hours.
- Our valued Local Government Pension Scheme, where on average we contribute two thirds’ costs to an employee’s one third costs, with tax relief on these contributions, as well as protecting your family on your death You also have the option to exchange part of your pension for a tax-free cash sum on retirement.
- We want you to develop and thrive in your role so we will invest in your training and professional development, including any required professional subscriptions.
- A wide-ranging benefits platform, making your salary stretch further, with money-saving deals on your weekly groceries, high street retailers, technology purchases, holidays and luxury items, all accessible via an App on your personal devices.
- A long service award.
Supporting Your Wellbeing
- A free and confidential employee assistance programme (EAP), available 24 hours, to aid your work life balance.
- Time off given for volunteering, for the benefit of Worcester.
- Heavily subsidised leisure activities at the Council’s gyms and swimming pools (seven centres across Worcestershire).
- Cycle to work schemes
- Access to electric bikes for travel between sites
- Free eye tests for visual display users and seasonal flu jabs
- Enhanced family friendly policies and enhanced sick pay.