Tel: 01902 558102
About Lawnswood Campus
It’s an exciting time to join the Lawnswood Campus family as we embark on our journey to become ‘The Leading Light for PRUs and Alternative Provision in the UK’. We are seeking staff who have a passion for working with young people who have challenging behaviour and social, emotional and mental health needs.
Lawnswood Campus is home to three Pupil Referral Units, The Braybrook Centre, The Midpoint Centre and The Orchard Centre which includes The Nightingale Home and Hospital Service serving the schools in Wolverhampton as part of a city wide strategy to promote inclusion and positive behaviour in safe, secure, child-centred, positive and nurturing environments.
- Braybrook: Key Stage 3 children and young people with social, emotional and behavioural difficulties and includes a Student Support Centre and Outreach Service;
- Midpoint: Key Stage 4 children and young people with social, emotional and behavioural difficulties and includes a Student Support Centre and Outreach Service;
- Orchard: Key Stage 3 and 4 children and young people who require social, emotional or mental health (SEMH) support;
- Nightingale: KS2-KS4 specialist short stay Centre that works in partnership with key agencies to offer appropriate intervention to vulnerable students with medical and mental health needs in a supportive and structured setting;
- LITS: Lawnswood Integrated Therapy Service is specialist provision consisting of Counselling Psychologists and trained Counsellors offering a range of therapies which include Humanistic, Cognitive, Behavioural, Psychodynamic and Systemic modalities. The clinical work is underpinned by evidence- based practice.
We pride ourselves in having an ethos which is committed to striving for the highest standards in Safeguarding, SEND, Leadership and Management, Quality of Education, Behaviour and Attitudes and Personal Development all of which are underpinned by our Lawnswood Campus STAR Spirit: Support, Trust, Achieve, Respect and our Lawnswood Campus Values: Kindness, Empathy, Honesty, Positivity, Curiosity, Resilience, Commitment and Responsibility.
- We offer a full-time education with excellent facilities, where children and young people can take advantage of opportunities given to them to improve their life chances;
- We provide specialist teachers, teaching assistants and pastoral support managers and offer wide ranging support, observation and intervention to develop self-esteem, confidence, social skills;
- We assess the needs of each individual child and young person and apply consistent strategies and interventions that support children and young people to overcome barriers to learning in order to effectively re-engage and reintegrate them back onto their learning journey.
- We work in partnership with a range of mainstream schools, special schools, therapists and agencies in order to support each individual child and young person in achieving their maximum potential and enable a love of learning by providing a rich and meaningful curriculum and individualised programmes to target the children and young people’s personalised needs.
- We communicate closely with parents, carers and school staff to help them to overcome the difficulties experienced by their child or young person and provide opportunities for them to work with their child or young person in reflecting on their behaviour, identify coping strategies and identifying how giving time and praise helps the behaviour change process.
All Lawnswood Campus staff passionately believe in giving all children and young people a new chance to be successful and encouraging them to make a positive success of their lives. Lawnswood is a happy place to work and a happy place to learn.
Miss Rachael C Brown