We are the Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner for Warwickshire, Philip Seccombe.
Our office includes a diverse mix of roles covering all aspects of policing, criminal justice and community engagement. Based in Warwick but working county-wide, we are a busy but friendly team who support the Commissioner to fulfil his duties and deliver the Police and Crime Plan for Warwickshire.
Police and crime commissioners (PCCs) are elected by the public to give them a voice at the highest level and the ability to ensure their police are accountable. Their role is to ensure the policing needs of their communities are met as effectively as possible, bringing communities closer to the police, building confidence in the system and restoring trust.
Key aspects include:
- holding the chief constable to account for the delivery of the force
- setting and updating a police and crime plan
- setting the force budget and precept
- regularly engaging with the public and communities
- appointing, and where necessary dismissing, the chief constable.