2 days left
Nuneaton and Bedworth Borough Council is a small Council with big values. We are committed to ensuring our services are delivered to the highest possible standard and we put the customer at the forefront of everything we do. By working for us you will become part of the team and will play your part in serving our community.
We are currently recruiting for an Occupational Therapist on a fixed term basis who is motivated, forward thinking and dynamic to work within the HEART team.
The OT will undertake assessments with a range of customers who have a variety of needs. The OT is to be solution focused and have a knowledge of housing adaptations, related legislation and equipment to enable customers to maximise their independence in all aspects of daily living in their home environment.
The role will involve:
- Carrying out functional, risk and standardised assessments.
- Developing support plans with customers and carers.
- Undertaking a variety of tasks to deliver grants in accordance with policy.
- Working with clinical and non-clinical colleagues to deliver housing solutions.
Key Requirement include:
- Qualifications- Holds DIPCOT, BSc or equivalent in Occupational Therapy and be HCPC registered with no pending sanctions.
- Experience in delivering housing solutions to a range of customers and the Disabled Facilities Grant.
- Able to travel throughout Warwickshire as required to meet service demands.
- Competent in using computerised customer recording systems and other IT based systems.
This role is being offered on a fixed term basis for 6 months, full time. This may be extended should the successful candidate wish to work part time.
As an employer, Nuneaton and Bedworth Borough Council offers a wide range of benefits, including flexible working, Local Government Pension Scheme and generous holiday allowance.
This post is covered by the Fluency Duty, as outlined in the Code of Practice on the English language requirements for public sector workers.
Please note that all applications must be received on an online application form. We do not accept CV's and do not keep CV's on file unless part of an application.
Any communication with you will be via email, so please check your email, including spam/junk folders, and WMJobs account on a regular basis after submitting your application.
Occupational Therapist - JD PS and Profile July 2019.docx
Values - one page overview.docx