City of Wolverhampton Council
Bradley Resource Centre
Grade 5 LPP 12 (£22911 per annum)
Do you want to make a difference?
We are looking to recruit a Rehabilitation Assistant at Bradley Resource Centre working with vulnerable adults who have suffered an accident or short-term illness, teaching them skills to enable them to perform everyday tasks and help them regain their confidence and independence. This is an incredibly rewarding role where you can gain valuable experience while helping to change someone's life.
This is a permanent role and is shift based, working 5 days out of 7, totalling 25 hours.
People that stay at Bradley RC do so for short periods between 3-4 weeks. During that time they participate in planned rehabilitation plans derived from our on-site health therapist team before returning home.
• Undertake through individual care plans, personal, practical and rehabilitative duties to maximise individual's independence and well-being.
• Carry out therapeutic activity and skills practice in accordance with the agreed plan to improve and maintain mobility, daily living skills, transfer and building confidence.
• Encourage and support people to maintain optimum independence that includes decision making, coping strategies, maintaining social contacts and activities and managing a safe home environment.
• Accurately communicate verbally, in writing and using IT systems according to the demands of the situation to ensure safe and effective service delivery and care plan reviews.
• Observe, record and report any changes in individual conditions and circumstances and ensure that they are reported to senior staff without delay, taking into account severity; urgency; policies; duties and responsibilities to ensure the health, well-being and safety of the individual.
• Researching information about the community, national resources, social activities; benefits advice, local services, cultural and religious support groups. Signpost customers to the appropriate provision.
• Be familiar with Equalities best practice and to implement this in all aspects of working practice. Ensure service provision is fair and equitable.
• Maintain and comply with local policies and CQC standards, including training and appraisal targets to continuously improve personal and service standards.
Skills & experience
To succeed in this role you must have:
• NVQ level 2 in caring or equivalent,
• Training in the administration of medication procedures
• Training in Moving & Handling in People Procedures
• Good communication skills with individuals, carers, relatives and professional colleagues.
• Ability to use own initiative when reporting concerns and acting on them.
• Undergo an on the job 12-week induction and will be required to complete all mandatory training.
The successful applicant will be required to have a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check prior to commencement in this role.
This post is subject to new Mandatory Vaccination legislation due to come into effect in October 2021.
If this sounds like an opportunity you'd be interested in, please apply today.
For further information please contact Pam Fellows (Provider Manager) 01902 553543, or Laraine Banks (Resource Manager) 01902 551484 for more information.
Job Description and Personal Specification.pdf