Inclusive Economy Co-ordinator
We are currently looking for an Inclusive Economy Co-ordinator.
Sandwell Council is committed to achieving Inclusive Economic Growth for its residents and businesses. Working within the Regeneration & Growth Directorate this is a unique and rewarding opportunity to manage and co-ordinate a diverse programme of activities which deliver a Strong & Inclusive Economy for Sandwell. The programme is in the early stages of development giving the post holder the opportunity to influence and shape its aims and objectives. The post holder will work in collaboration with council teams, partner organisations, and other stakeholders including the West Midlands Combined Authority and the Centre for Local Economic Strategies (CLES).
These are exciting times for Sandwell. Government announced £67.5m in Towns Fund investment for Sandwell, the second highest funding award in the Country, for which we are now developing our detailed proposals for Rowley Regis, Smethwick and West Bromwich. We are developing masterplans for two of our six towns to attract further investment and we are building the £73m Aquatic Centre as part of the 2022 Commonwealth Games. These investments, amongst other large-scale regeneration and infrastructure projects, means Sandwell has a once in generation opportunity to ensure that the economic, social and environmental benefits are delivered to our communities.
You will be expected to:
- Lead and take management responsibility for delivering the Council’s Inclusive Economy Programme, managing projects and other resources to deliver priorities and objectives;
- Lead on engagement, consultation and negotiation with all stakeholders, in the development and delivery of the Inclusive Economy Programme;
- Undertake detailed research and analysis to support and deliver all Inclusive Economy activities, aligned to council wide priorities;
- Contribute to the implementation of creative and innovative solutions to a wide range of challenges;
- Develop and produce policies and strategies relating to the Inclusive Economy Programme, ensuring that all decisions are evidenced and supported by sound technical principals.
- Educated to Degree level or equivalent in a relevant subject;
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience of working within a complex project environment;
- Experience of programme management within a political and partnership context;
- Detailed understanding of underlying concepts and principles of Inclusive Economic Growth;
- A confident, outgoing, enthusiastic and tenacious approach to work and the ability to motivate and influence others at all levels through positive relationships.
- Retail discounts via an Exclusive Employee Benefit Retail Discount Portal
- Salary Sacrifice schemes
- Generous Annual Leave entitlement, starting at 30 days (plus bank holidays), rising to 35 (plus bank holidays) after 5 years.
- Annual Leave Purchase Scheme
- Free Support via an employee assistance and counselling service
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Flexible Working (Flexi Time Scheme)
- Agile, ‘Smart Working’
- Discounted Car Parking
- Cycle to Work Scheme
For an informal discussion, please contact Jenna Langford, Regeneration Manager on 07584112886 or email email@example.com
Our Values; Trust, Unity and Progress make us unique, they define how we do things and are reflected in the way we behave. They are important to us, guiding and shaping our organisational culture. Our values are key to us achieving Sandwell’s Vision 2030 and also guide us when we recruit.
37 hours per week
This advert will close as soon as sufficient applications are received. Therefore, you are strongly advised to complete and return your application as soon as possible. When completing your application please refer to the supporting documents attached.
If you have a disability and require assistance in making an application, or have experienced a problem whilst applying for a position, please contact the Resourcing Team on 0121 569 3300 or via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org