Crofters is a 6 bedded residential home for adults with severe learning disabilities with complex needs.
We currently have 5 residents; all are mobile indoors but need wheelchairs when out of the building.
Their needs are varied and complex---they need full support with all personal care, all have eating and drinking plans and need help with eating and drinking.
Whilst our residents can be vocal none of them can communicate verbally, only by making noises, crying and other sounds.
They all present behaviours that challenge when unsettled, unwell or just trying to communicate with us.
It is important that we have someone who has experience supporting adults with severe learning disabilities. The following criteria are very important:
• Able to speak, read, write and understand English fluently
• Able to work as part of the team.
• Up to date with Moving and Handling skills
• Ideally Food Hygiene Level 2 (as we do all the food preparation/cooking etc)
• Up to date with medication training so able to administer medication as needed.
• Be flexible as each day is varied with varied activities
• To be confident to work with our residents, respecting them all as individuals with varied needs, wants and means of communicating.
• Some of shifts may involve sleeping in at night (we have 2 sleeping in staff each night)
• To be willing to partake in various activities including swimming, riding , trips out, pub meals, music activities to name a few.
• Someone who enjoys working with adults with disabilities, being part of a team, and a shaving a sense of humour.
Hours per week: 25.0 Hours per Week
Interview Dates: 14th and 15th FebruarySupporting documents