To assist with a variety of the day-to-day financial activities of the Head Office Central Finance function as well as supporting the Regional Education Finance Officers and the Purchase Ledger Team (PLT). The role will be flexible to provide assistance during the implementation of the new Regional Education Finance Assistant appointments.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the academy purchase requisition process to ensure academy purchasing requirements are accurately recorded, appropriately approved and effectively processed.
- Manage the purchase to pay process, by raising and issuing purchase orders (PO), receipting POs and assisting the PLT with any purchase invoice issues.
- Responsible for managing the payments made on academy credit cards and producing the monthly credit card expenses reconciliation and uploading this into the General Ledger
- Administration and management of monthly employee expenses claims, relating to their local academies (education budget only), and ensuring all company expenses policies are adhered to.
- Raising sales invoices (e.g. in relation to local sports and lettings and any additional education income) and pursuing outstanding debtors
- Creating school trips on school money/parent pay (unless currently performed by another academy-based employee).
- Regularly liaising with and updating the Regional Educational Finance team on elements of finance (e.g. ensuring all duties described are completed).
- Responsibility for the smooth running of the academy-based finance function (e.g. ensuring any finance issues are raised to relevant person in a timely manner).
- Ensuring any banking of cash received at the local academy is completed on a weekly/fortnightly basis and reconciled to the General Ledger.
- Ensure all student bursary payments are collated and forwarded to the PLT for payment
- Assist with the allocation of remittances from the LEA/ ESFA to the correct accounting code.
- Assisting the PLT when requested, with the processing of supplier purchase invoices.
- Ensuring monthly meetings with educational department heads are performed to ensure department budgets are appropriately monitored.
- Any other duties required by The Trust/local academy Principal; following agreement by the Chief Finance Officer/Financial Controller (e.g. minute taking, reception cover unless sufficient cover is currently performed by another academy based employee).
- As and when required support the Regional Education Finance Officer with the monthly payroll reconciliations.
The job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities that may be required.
The jobholder will be expected to carry out such professional tasks as are commensurate with the duties and responsibilities of the post.