Web Development and Digital Content Editor
Job Title: Web Development and Digital Content Editor
Salary: £30,492 - £32,851
Full-Time: 35 hours
An exciting opportunity has arisen in the Digital and Web Innovation Team. As a Digital Designer you will be joining the Web Team, reporting to the Web Team Leader and working alongside two other Digital Designers. You will be become part of the team that are responsible for developing and delivering our new corporate web site. The Web Team are responsible for the day-to-day management and ongoing development of our intranet and public facing web sites. You will be given plenty of opportunity to explore your creativity, utilise your skills and gain many more.
The main purpose of this role:
• You will support the Web Team Manager in the delivery of digital innovation across the council in line with our Digital Strategy.
• You will we responsible for ensuring that all digital content adheres to web design standards and accessibility standards.
• You will work closely with service areas across the organisation to develop new web sites and content.
• You will make use of the latest web technologies and new media. Working closely with the Content and Communications Team and Customer Services Team to ensure consistent digital branding and to ensure that all content is designed around the needs of our customers.
• You will support business services by creating content and services that will be easily accessed through a single front door across all digital channels.
• You will consult with Service Managers and staff to provide strategic direction about web sites and digital content requirements.
To deliver, you are likely to already have significant experience and skills in web site development and analysis. Ideally you will also have some previous experience of open source content management systems for example Umbraco or Drupal.
The interview will be 1 to 1.5 hours long you may also be asked to prepare a presentation, details will be sent out with the invitation to interview.
We are inclusive – this is really important to us and we are proud to be a Disability Confident Employer.
Disability Confident is helping us recruit and retain great people to meet our workforce needs.
If you have a disability and require reasonable adjustments, please let us know.
Please find the Job Description and Person Specification attached.
Please write your submission with consideration for the essential and desirable criteria on the Person Specification. This should include examples why you should be considered; the experience, skills and knowledge that you would bring to the post.
Application Closing Date: Sunday 19th September 2021,
Anticipated Interview Date: Wednesday 29th September 2021