Head of Digital and Customer Services
Digital and Technology is at the heart of Dudley Council's £1billion regeneration agenda and we are entering an exciting period to develop and deliver system change across the organisation.
If you are passionate about change and transformation and want to be a key contributor in an exciting organisation that actively contributes to social change, then this role of Head of Digital and Customer Services is the next role for you!
We are looking for an experienced, innovative and committed digital leader who will dynamically lead our data, digital and customer service functions, and to provide leadership across the council wide digital agenda.
As Head of Digital and Customer Services you will focus on digitalising all our services, developing our enterprise data model, our digital front door and an omnichannel customer service experience. You will be responsible for ensuring that digital enables the organisation to transform.
Working alongside the Director of Digital, Customer and Commercial Services and the Head of Technology Systems and Services on our multi-year data, digital and technology transformation programme, you will ensure that we have a digital roadmap on which to build our vision for the future, providing expertise to the programme, and delivering major projects. As part of this role, you will collaborate with a broad range of stakeholders, communicate digital innovation performance and success, and develop a culture of high performance, setting high standards.
You will lead, manage and develop a 150 people committed team which includes team managers, developers, systems officers, project managers and system admin to deliver our vision. The work location is flexible, with the ability to work from both home and the office.
What we absolutely need you to do:
- Build and develop a high performing team that are experts in design and delivery of solutions
- Provide strategic knowledge and inspirational leadership, training and coaching to the IT staff for whom you are responsible
- Understand that our customers come first and everything we do is to make their experience better
- Manage the deployment, development, monitoring, maintenance, upgrading and support of organisational IT systems
- Continually review technical developments to ensure where feasible that efficiency and increased surplus are achieved
What we will need you to bring to the role:
- Proven track record of leading and growing high-performance, talented teams including day to day line management, driving personal growth, and organising the team's goals. You will manage a team of circa 150 full time equivalents.
- Experience in a hands-on remit and managing a team responsible for hundreds of systems.
- Experience in developing strategies, business cases and plans, and overseeing the effective implementation of large programmes
- Strong background across a broad range of digital technologies and using these to promote new ways of delivering business needs
- Experience in supporting and challenging service areas and in engaging and collaborating with existing and new suppliers to unlock digital potential
- Experience in developing and implementing processes and logic to extract, transform and distribute data across applications and data stores
- Experience in designing solutions and customising systems to improve customer experience
- Strong budget management experience, with proven experience delivering multi-million-pound projects. You will manage a budget of circa £9million
You will also benefit from:
- A generous Local Government Pension
- Flexible Working - to include Agile Working (dependant on the needs of the service), Flexible Retirement
- Annual Leave - from 25 days up to 33 days (Plus Bank Holidays and 1 extra Statutory Day) depending upon salary and length of service
- Learning & Development / Apprenticeships - A varied offering of in-house and external learning interventions and professional development
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Staff Counselling Service - In-house access for all with a variety of therapeutic approaches to suit the individual needs of each client
- Wellbeing - a range of activities to enhance and support your wellbeing
- Occupational Health - a service to support you to stay well at work, both physically and mentally
- Family Friendly Policies - Maternity, Paternity & Adoption Leave - Enhanced entitlement above national average
- Sick Pay - Enhanced entitlement above national average
- Corporate Gym Membership - across Dudley Borough Leisure Centre
For more information and to apply please click the apply button.
Closing date: Applications will be reviewed upon receipt, we will close this vacancy dependent on the applications received.
Interview date: To be advised
N.B. We reserve the right to close this vacancy prior to the advertised date should we receive a large number of applications, therefore, we encourage you to submit your application as soon as possible.
Online application forms will only be accepted for this vacancy, online facilities for jobs are available at public libraries within the Dudley Borough.
If you have a disability and require assistance in making an application please contact the HR Resourcing Team via HR.Resourcing@dudley.gov.uk
If you are experiencing a problem whilst applying for a position, please follow the link below to the WM Jobs Help Page in the first instance; https://www.wmjobs.co.uk/staticpages/20563/help/
If the WM Jobs Help Page does not resolve your issue then please contact the HR Resourcing Team via HR.Resourcing@dudley.gov.uk
Dudley Council will check the information that you have provided against any details already held for accuracy and completeness. The Council will check, share and cross match your information both internally within the council and with external organisations to protect public funds and prevent or detect crime, only where the law allows us to do so. The Council’s full Privacy and Disclaimer Statement can be accessed on the website at http://www.dudley.gov.uk/