Programme Manager (Levelling Up Fund)
Fixed Term until November 2022 (with possibility of extension subject to funding)
We are currently looking for a Levelling Up Fund Programme Manager.
Sandwell Council is committed to maximising public investment in regeneration to the inclusive benefit of its communities. Working within the Regeneration & Growth Directorate this is a challenging and rewarding opportunity to lead the management and co-ordination of a funding submission, comprising multiple projects, to the UK Governments £4 Billion ‘Levelling Up Fund’ (LUF).
Sandwell’s LUF programme is in the early stages of development giving the post holder the opportunity to influence its aims and objectives. The post holder will work in collaboration with council teams, partner organisations, and other stakeholders in shaping the funding bid. Should the funding bid be successful, the post holder will then assume programme management responsibility for its delivery over the term of the fund – 2024/25.
You will be required to:
- Lead the development of the Levelling Up Programme and associated project delivery plans and business cases;
- Provide oversight to all delivery partners to ensure strategic alignment;
- Work in collaboration with key stakeholders to support the successful delivery of the programme and the views of partners are taken into consideration;
- Responsible for budget management and monitoring;
- Ensuring compliance with Levelling Up Fund criteria as set by Government.
- Experience of managing strategic projects or programmes, within public funding regimes e.g. ERDF, ESIF etc.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience working in a multi-disciplined team or service;
- Budget Management experience;
- HM Treasury Green Book and Business Case development.
These are exciting times for Sandwell. Government announced £67.5m in Towns Fund investment for Sandwell, the second highest funding award in the Country, for which we are now developing our detailed proposals for Rowley Regis, Smethwick and West Bromwich. We are developing masterplans for two of our six towns to attract further investment and we are building the £73m Aquatic Centre as part of the 2022 Commonwealth Games.
These investments, amongst other large-scale regeneration and infrastructure projects, means Sandwell has a once in generation opportunity to ensure that the economic, social and environmental benefits are delivered to our communities.
For an informal discussion, please contact (Jenna Langford, Regeneration Manager) on (07584112886) or Email firstname.lastname@example.org
37 hours per week
Educated to degree level or equivalent in a relevant discipline and/or Project or Programme Management qualifications;
Our Values; Trust, Unity and Progress make us unique, they define how we do things and are reflected in the way we behave. They are important to us, guiding and shaping our organisational culture. Our values are key to us achieving Sandwell’s Vision 2030 and also guide us when we recruit.
This advert will close as soon as sufficient applications are received. Therefore, you are strongly advised to complete and return your application as soon as possible. When completing your application please refer to the supporting documents attached.
If you have a disability and require assistance in making an application, or have experienced a problem whilst applying for a position, please contact the Resourcing Team on 0121 569 3300 or via e-mail to: email@example.com