Museum Project Officer
4 days left
Nuneaton and Bedworth Borough Council is a small Council with big values. We are committed to ensuring our services are delivered to the highest possible standard and we put the customer at the forefront of everything we do. By working for us you will become part of the team and will play your part in serving our community.
We are currently recruiting for Museum Project Officer
This is an exciting opportunity to deliver a project which will bring museum collections to life through working with the community!
Nuneaton Museum & Art Gallery is lead partner in Nuneaton Abbey & The Birth of a Town, an Arts Council National Lottery Project
Working with our project partner, St Mary’s Church, Nuneaton, The Project Officer will co-ordinate and deliver activities, events, school resources, a community project and coordinate volunteer opportunities. The Project Officer will also work with the wider Museum team to create a permanent display at St Mary’s Church and temporary exhibition at Nuneaton Museum and Art Gallery to explore the history of the Abbey and inspire new audiences.
The Project Officer will provide evaluation for all outputs of the project. They will create social media in the form of blogs, podcasts, and posts to highlight and positively promote the project.
- Coordinate arrangements and transportation of a medieval manuscript The Nuneaton Book as part of an agreed loan with the Fitzwilliam Museum Cambridge
- To work with the Museum team to develop a temporary exhibition focusing on Nuneaton Abbey at Nuneaton Museum and a permanent exhibition at St Mary’s Abbey Church.
- To work with an education specialist and local schools to develop two digital school resources (KS1 And KS2) about the Abbey
- To work with students and staff at North Warwickshire & South Leicestershire College to develop an interactive learning resource for the Museum
- To work with a professional storyteller and film maker to develop a community reminiscence and storytelling project
- To coordinate a celebratory community event as part of the project
To be successful in this role you will be;
- Educated to Degree level
- Highly motivated and able to work independently on own initiative
- Able to work under pressure and to deliver results to tight deadlines.
- Experience in engaging and working with volunteers.
- Experience of working with the heritage sector and with community groups
- Knowledge of museum documentation and standards.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate with a range of diverse audiences and participants.
- Effective IT, digital and social media skills.
- Ability to engage a range of diverse audiences with museum collections.
- Effective organisational skills to develop outreach resources, programmes, workshops, activities and organising events.
- Effective team working skills to work with project partners
- Able to travel between and work at all partner sites
- Available to work flexibly, including occasional weekends, evenings and Bank Holidays
As an employer, Nuneaton and Bedworth Borough Council offers a wide range of benefits, including flexible working, Local Government Pension Scheme and generous holiday allowance.
This post is covered by the Fluency Duty, as outlined in the Code of Practice on the English language requirements for public sector workers.
Please note that all applications must be received on an online application form. We do not accept CV's and do not keep CV's on file unless part of an application.
Any communication with you will be via email, so please check your email, including spam/junk folders, and WMJobs account on a regular basis after submitting your application.