Headteacher - Baldwins Gate CE Primary School
Baldwins Gate CE Primary School
Everyone learning together in faith, truth and love
Location: Baldwins Gate CE Primary School
Salary scale: L8 – L16 £50,151-£61,166
Employment Type: Full time
Contract Type: Permanent
Start Date: 4th January 2022
Closing date: Monday 20th September 4.00 pm
Interview date: Friday 1st October (all day)
Due to the retirement of our current Headteacher, an exciting opportunity has arisen for a new Headteacher from January 2022. The Governors are seeking to appoint an outstanding and inspirational leader to join a hard-working, enthusiastic and driven staff team and build on the successes of our school.
We believe the successful candidate will be:
• committed to inclusivity, achievement and progress for each and every one of our children.
• able to maintain and progressively build upon the school’s existing caring and Christian ethos, of which the welfare, development and achievement of the children is at the core.
• rigorous in their approach to identifying pupil achievement gaps and the ability to lead others to address these gaps.
• able to demonstrate a clear vision and values, alongside a commitment to working hard.
• enthusiastic with excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work well with staff, parents and the wider community.
• resilient and clear-headed, allowing for sound and consistent judgment when challenges arise.
• energetic, driven and able to manage positive change, whilst maintaining existing practices that are working effectively.
• knowledgeable about safeguarding and SEND.
Baldwins Gate CE Primary School is a single form entry school on the outskirts of Newcastle-under-Lyme with approximately 160 pupils on roll. We are privileged to be set among beautiful grounds and have an abundance of outdoor space. We are an OFSTED good school with an ambition to be outstanding. Key Stage 2 results in 2019 were outstanding and ranked third in Staffordshire. Baldwins Gate Primary School is a Church of England school where children, inspired by our Christian values, learn together to be the best that they can be. Through respect, tolerance and kindness they learn that they are unique and valued and to celebrate the value and uniqueness of others.
About the Role
The purpose of the role is to lead and manage a happy, effective and aspirational primary school, in consultation with the Governing Body, in order to provide an educational community in which all pupils are enabled to achieve their highest potential and be supported and nurtured on their journey of learning and fulfilment.
The Headteacher will be required to have a timetabled teaching commitment.
In return we offer:
• Enthusiastic, well behaved pupils who are eager to learn.
• A welcoming, talented and dedicated staff team who are capable of securing the best outcomes for our children.
• An inclusive and caring ethos.
• A school committed to developing learning skills/styles.
• Modern well-equipped classrooms and outdoor facilities, including a recent investment in an extension that houses two new classrooms.
• A visible and supportive governing body.
• A commitment to high quality CPD.
• Well regarded school within the local community with an active and committed PTA.
• Excellent wrap around care with breakfast club and after school club.
If you feel you have a proven track record to move the school forward and to build on our existing strengths you are warmly invited to visit our school. To arrange a visit please contact Sarah Riley (School Bursar) email@example.com or telephone 01782 680649.
You are also welcome to contact the Chair, Fiona Boulton, to arrange an informal chat about the role by emailing the school office at firstname.lastname@example.org
References will be obtained prior to interview and one must be from your current Headteacher/Governor.
To apply please send your completed application form (CVs will not be considered), plus a covering letter of no more than 2 sides of A4 to email@example.com
Important dates to be aware of:
Closing date: Monday 20th September 2021 4.00 pm
Shortlisting: Tuesday 21st September 2021 and Wednesday 22nd September 2021
Interviews: Friday 1st October 2021 (full day)
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/
vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This position is subject to a criminal records check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly CRB) which will require you to disclose details of all unspent and unfiltered spent reprimands, formal warnings, cautions and convictions in your application form.
o Application Form
o Headteacher Recruitment Pack (includes job description and person specification)
o Guidance Notes
o Recruitment Monitoring Form
o Safer Recruitment Policy
Baldwins Gate CE Primary School
Staffordshire ST5 5DF
Telephone: 01782 680649
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org