Home Energy Efficiency Officer
Nuneaton and Bedworth Borough Council is a small Council with big values. We are committed to ensuring our services are delivered to the highest possible standard and we put the customer at the forefront of everything we do. By working for us you will become part of the team and will play your part in serving our community.
We are currently recruiting for a Home Energy Efficiency Officer to help us develop and deliver energy efficiency measures to homes in our Borough.
We are committed to becoming carbon neutral by 2050 and this is an excellent opportunity for you to help us achieve that goal. Homes within the Borough cause up to a quarter of carbon emissions and this post will be key to help us reduce these emissions, work to improve fuel poverty and develop projects and information to support these goals.
To be successful in this role, you will need to;
• Work proactively to generate leads
• Visit and communicate with homeowners and private rented tenants to check eligibility criteria and income status
• Liaise with internal departments such as planning, building control and finance
• Liaise with sub contractors
• Conduct property inspections for energy efficiency and to check satisfactory delivery of works
• Resolve any customer complaints
• Manage expectations and inform customers when they do not qualify for grant funding
• Keep abreast of policy, develop schemes, assist with bidding and managing funding
• Create and provide information to homeowners through a variety of media
• Attend meetings and be a part of subject relevant groups.
You will have knowledge and experience of energy efficiency measures, property inspections and knowledge of benefits.
You will be confident and able to communication with customers, colleagues, contractors and senior management.
You will have excellent written and oral skills and be able to calculate annual incomes for customers.
You will have experience and skills in computer packages to be able update spreadsheets, send letters and update a number of internal systems, in order to generate orders and raise invoices.
This role is offered on a fixed term basis for 2 years.
As an employer, Nuneaton and Bedworth Borough Council offers a wide range of benefits, including flexible working, Local Government Pension Scheme and generous holiday allowance.
This post is covered by the Fluency Duty, as outlined in the Code of Practice on the English language requirements for public sector workers.
Please note that all applications must be received on an online application form. We do not accept CV's and do not keep CV's on file unless part of an application.
Any communication with you will be via email, so please check your email, including spam/junk folders, and WMJobs account on a regular basis after submitting your application.
For further information about the role please contact, Paul Coopey - Head of Environmental Health by email at firstname.lastname@example.org