Opportunity/ Network Connector
Coventry and Warwickshire CDA is a not for profit organisation which aims to support local people to lead economically active and fulfilling lives by providing useful, practical and accessible services that make a positive difference.
Join our Accelerate Building Better Opportunities Project Team and work closely with stakeholders to raise their understanding of the Accelerate project and in particular those organisations that support economically inactive participants.
An understanding of employability support, partnership work and networking is essential.
Salary: £31,659 (pro rata) plus 8% pension contribution
Hours: negotiable between 18.5 hours and 30 hours per week
Funding for this position is until March 2023
This post is fully funded by the European Social Fund and The National Lottery Community Fund.
For an application pack visit:
Application forms only. No CVs
Closing date: 5pm Friday 17th September 2021
Please return applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Interview date: Wednesday 29th September 2021
Coventry and Warwickshire CDA is an equal opportunities employer
A Purpose of the post
This post has three main purposes:
- Facilitating Connections: This unique role will work closely with stakeholders to raise understanding of the Accelerate project and to help participants connect with Accelerate
- Promotion: To promote the project to potential referral sources and Economically Inactive participants
- Employers: Establish connections with Employers to create work placement opportunities
B Responsible to
C Duties and responsibilities specific to the post
- Facilitate close working with local stakeholders
- Ensure local organisations are aware of and understand the Accelerate offer and the referral process
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of the partners service offer and work closely with Journey Guides and other partners to help participants connect with the project provision which would be of most benefit to them
- Attend local networking meetings to promote Accelerate
- Promote Accelerate to Economically inactive participants, in particular promoting suitable offers such as step up.
- Work closely with employers to Access work placements.
- Encourage organisations to offer volunteer opportunities
- Organise networking events to promote Accelerate.
- Use Social media to promote accelerate
- Work alongside the Opportunity Connector to promote the engagement of economically inactive participants
D General duties and responsibilities
- Maintain appropriate work records in accordance with Agency systems and pass them to relevant staff for statistical processing. This includes ensuring the office diary is maintained
- Keep abreast of current knowledge and best practice in the field
- Participate in appropriate project and Agency meetings
- Provide cover for other staff, both development and administrative, as appropriate
- Work to quality standards current in the Agency
- Undertake any other work which the Strategic and Operations Manager may require in keeping with the general purposes of the job
A. Essential Requirements
- Significant experience of partnership working
- An understanding of employability support programmes
- Experience of developing or implementing performance monitoring systems
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- IT skills, Microsoft Office and social media
- Proactive approach to work and experience working in a pressurised environment
- Knowledge and understanding of the barriers faced by jobseekers preventing them from accessing training and employment
- Use of a car
B. Desirable Requirement
- Knowledge of Coventry and Warwickshire area
- Knowledge of local labour market
- Knowledge of local service providers