Arthog Outdoor Education - Centre Assistant
Located at Arthog Outdoor Education Centre in Wales
Part-time (18 hours per week)
Scale 1 - £9.50 - £9.62 per hour
Arthog Wales Outdoor Education Centre is a long-established popular residential centre providing activities to young people from primary and secondary schools, as well as youth organisations, and adults on behalf of Telford & Wrekin Council.
This is a residential centre of 110+ beds located across the estuary from Barmouth in Mid Wales, offering real adventure and ‘peak experiences’ in the mountains, rivers and coastal environments around the centre.
We are looking to recruit a Centre Assistant to join us at Arthog to help with our operations. This is an important role, and the main duties of the Centre Assistant will be working in the;
- Housekeeping Team to prepare accommodation and public areas for guests,
- Catering Team with the preparation and serving of our meals to our guests,
- General duties including Tuck Shop, and general maintenance.
You will be working front of house to make our visitors experience a huge success. The suitable people for these positions are those who are;
- Able to work hard and take pride in their work,
- Are happy to work with and support others in a team environment,
- Have a good, professional approach behaving with integrity & treating people with respect,
- Have a level of fitness and health to cope with the physical nature of the role,
- Have a good knowledge of safe practices & procedures to meet health & safety standards.
In return, the successful applicants will receive;
- Training that you will be paid to do,
- Expert support to fulfill the requirements of the role,
- Experience in a variety of roles in a busy outdoor education centre,
- The chance to be part of an established and successful team.
Normal hours based on 18hrs per week, including some evening and weekend work. Annual leave entitlement is pro rata based on 23 annual days plus 8 bank holidays.
Local Government Pension option available.
We are committed to equality and diversity. Posts working with children or vulnerable groups will be subject to an appropriate criminal records check.
Please see the Job Description.
Sorry but CV's will not be accepted.
For an informal discussion please contact Mark Youd at Arthog Outdoor Education Centre, Arthog, Gwynedd LL39 1BX, telephone 01341 250455 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Description & Person Specification