Careers and Aspirations Leader - Q3 Academy Tipton
Q3 Academy Tipton is an ambitious and rapidly improving Academy, fully committed to raising achievement for students, developing and retaining high quality staff and curriculum innovation. Our Academy's success is underpinned by a relentless focus on raising standards, developing the whole child and improving the quality of provision in every area.
We are seeking to appoint an ambitious and dedicated Careers and Aspirations Leader, part-time as part of a job share opportunity. You need to have energy and enthusiasm and willing to contribute to the wider life of the Academy. If you are determined to make a difference to the life chances of young people by raising standards, expectations and achievement we would like to hear from you.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
Support to Pupils, Parents and the Community
- Lead the Academy’s compliance with the Gatsby Benchmarks, maintaining a record of evidence and supporting the Academic and Careers Teams;
- Raise the aspirations of the young people and their families at Q3 Academy Tipton;
- Offer guidance to students on their academic and career choices, particularly at transition points;
- Improve awareness of post-16 and post-18 choices through assemblies, 1-2-1 meetings, small group workshops, meetings with families, liaising with external agencies, careers events and the professional development of staff;
- Establish and implement clear policies and practices relating to all aspects of ambitions and careers education, especially equality of access for all students, especially those in vulnerable groups;
- Support the negotiation of pastoral support plans with the Pastoral and/or Welfare Team and/or SEND team;
- Lead the Academy’s aim of achieving zero NEETs;
- Attend parent evenings, accompany trips and visits, conduct home visits and supervise students as directed;
- Other duties as may be appropriate to achieve the objectives of the Academy.
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.
All post holders are subject to a Satisfactory Disclosure & Barring Service Check (DBS) and satisfactory employment references, as well as identification and qualification, prohibition and barred list checks which will be required before commencing duties.
Start Date: As soon as possible
How to apply: Please complete the attached application form and return it the HR Admin Assistant, Eleanor Forte – email@example.com
1 day per week – 7.5 hours 2 days per week – 15 hours - This is part of a job share opportunity
Permanent, Term time + 5 INSET days + 5 Additional Days
Grade E Point 18 – 25 Actual salary based on 1 day per week £4,615 - £5,511
Actual Salary based on 2 days per week £9,231 - £10,929
Q3 Academy Tipton, Alexandra Road, Tipton, DY4 7NR. However, working across the academy may be required at times.
Friday 24th September 2021