Service Delivery Analyst
The ICT Shared Service Department provides ICT support and development to over 800 staff across South Worcestershire. We provide ICT services to Malvern Hills District Council, Worcester City Council, Wychavon District Council, and their partners.
Are you an enthusiastic Service Delivery Analyst with a passion for ICT and customer service? Are you looking for a permanent opportunity in the ever-changing world of ICT?
We are looking for an exceptional ICT Service Delivery Analyst to join our professional ICT Shared Services Department, based at the Civic Centre in Pershore but with daily support across all our customer’s sites.
Our staff are at the heart of what we do, and as a result we are always looking to recruit, develop and retain the very best talent we can find. That is why, as well as a satisfying job, we offer a range of attractive benefits, such as flexible working arrangements, generous holiday entitlements, a great pension scheme, plenty of opportunities for personal development as well as discounted childcare and gym membership.
We pride ourselves on being a progressive, forward thinking organisation who spend our time and energy on what matters to our customers, residents and communities.
Service Delivery Analyst
37 hours per week - Permanent
Salary £22,183 - £28,672 per annum
The ICT Shared service has an exciting opportunity in the Service Delivery team. The Service Delivery Analyst role is a perfect position for an outgoing and friendly individual who enjoys and excels at working on a busy service desk environment and prides themselves on great customer service.
As a Service Delivery Analyst, you will be the first point of contact for the ICT service. Providing support to ensure that incidents and outages are minimised, whilst providing excellent customer service always and supporting our customers in their office environments across various sites. Your key role will be responsible for supporting about 1000 users and will involve taking ownership of any issues and managing the issue through to resolution where possible.
- Service Desk Call handling via the telephone and direct contact
- Deal effectively and efficiently with the majority of first point of contact issues
- Escalation of incidents/problems in accordance with SLA’s
- Installation of hardware and software
- Operating, supporting and maintaining the Council’s Infrastructure
- Formulating and maintaining all ICT documentation in accordance with ITIL
- Developing and maintaining sound technical expertise to industry standards
- Liaison with internal and external customers /organisations
- Ensuring the security and integrity of all ICT applications and data
This is a busy role which will require an excellent customer service focus, great organisation and strong communication skills alongside a flexible approach. We are looking for someone to quickly establish themselves in the role.
You will have experience of working on a busy service desk providing ICT support, ideally in a local government environment. With a good analytical mind, you will be able to understand customer requirements and resolve issues efficiently.
The successful candidate will have:
- Previous experience of working in an IT support role
- IT skills and knowledge up to a HND/BTEC IT qualification (or equivalent) and evidence of continuous professional development
- Ability to travel to various locations in response to ‘call outs’ at short notice
You will need to have good oral and written communications skills and be able to work with people at all levels of an organisation. You will need a creative approach to problem solving, and the ability to multitask. You will need to exercise discretion, use initiative and make decisions whilst working at times without supervision. We are looking for someone who has the ability to maintain composure in a fast paced and pressured environment and who is able to plan and prioritise their own workload to meet required deadlines.
For further information about this exciting opportunity, please contact Nigel Winters, Head of ICT Tel: 01386 565411
Closing date: Sunday 19 September 2021
Interviews: Monday 27 September 2021