Site Assistant - Ref: TV28421
Ormiston Shelfield Community Academy
Broad way, Pelsall, Walsall WS4 1BW
Telephone: 01922 685777
“Outcomes, Values, Choices”
Gross Annual Salary: £8,258
Contracted Hours: 20 hours per week/Term Time
Hours to be worked: Monday, Wednesday and Thursday 15.00-19.00,
Tuesday 15.00 – 19.30, Friday 15.00 – 18.30
Ormiston Academies Trust is an exciting and dynamic place to work. We are an oversubscribed secondary academy with over 1400 students on roll at Key Stages 3-5.
At Ormiston Shelfield Community Academy, we pride ourselves on building strong relationships based on mutual respect, at all levels.
We create a safe and happy environment where students are nurtured academically, socially, and emotionally so that they are ready to tackle academic challenges and have the values to become responsible members of our society.
We are seeking to recruit a Site Assistant, working under the direction of the Site Manager, to ensure the premises are safe and well maintained at all times. The role includes responsibility for site security, school lettings, liaising with contractors, managing emergencies and internal and external maintenance of the school.
The academy is looking to appoint a Site Assistant to ensure the security, cleanliness and maintenance of the premises, facilities, heating and lighting.
The successful candidate will:
- Have a general knowledge of site maintenance
- Have a general knowledge of health and safety issues in schools
- Be enthusiastic and committed to learning new skills
- Be a team player who can also use their own initiative
In return we can offer:
- A welcoming and supportive staff team who work in imaginative and collaborative ways.
- A committed Governing Body who make a great investment in professional development.
- A vibrant indoor and outdoor learning environment
- A chance to make a difference to young lives.
Please visit our website vacancies tab https://oatcareers.co.uk/ and enter the job title in the search box to see the full job description and apply. The deadline for applications is 4pm on Friday, 17th September 2021.
The academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.