Headteacher - Victoria Community School
PRIMARY HEADSHIP (Salary Range £63,508 - £72,497pa)
Following notice to retire at Christmas 2021 from our current Headteacher, the Governors of Victoria Community School are looking to appoint a new Headteacher from January 2022.
We are looking for an exceptional leader who is able to support, challenge and inspire our children and has a vision and passion to take our school forward.
Victoria is a successful, diverse school rooted at the heart of its community. Our children thrive in a welcoming, supportive and caring environment. This is an opportunity for an inspirational leader to continue to enable our school to progress, building on our current achievements and continuing to secure and drive forward improvements in future performance. Part of our school includes a County funded Speech and Language Centre which is a 20 place unit offering placements for children with severe speech, language and communication issues from across East Staffordshire, Lichfield and Tamworth.
We can offer:
- friendly, caring and well-motivated pupils
- a happy safe and caring school with a dedicated team of staff
- a committed and supportive governing body
- a strong relationship with the community
- a supportive partnership with local schools
We are seeking an innovative, highly-motivated Headteacher with excellent interpersonal skills who:
- will ensure high expectations and successful outcomes for all our pupils,
- has a commitment to maintaining the inclusive nature of our school,
- has a clear vision for the future of our school,
- has the strategic ability to implement this vision in partnership with Governors, staff, parents and the community,
- has a commitment to excellence in education,
- has experience of Special Needs provision and working in a diverse community
- has enthusiasm and passion for school life,
- has the ability to drive school improvement to secure and maintain high standards of achievement and attainment for all,
- will enhance the quality of education and management within the school,
- has proven successful senior leadership experience.
Visits to the school are strongly encouraged and can be arranged by contacting the school on 01283 247432 and asking for Carole Devine, Support Services Manager. Visits will be conducted in a Covid safe way by appointment only.
This post is subject of satisfactory Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) Enhanced Disclosure Certificate.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Closing date: 20th September 2021 12pm
Shortlisting : 22nd September 2021
Tasks and interviews: 28th and 29th September