Teacher of Science (STEAM) KS2/3 - Walton Priory Middle School
5 days left
Required for Autumn term 2021 or as soon as possible
Walton Priory Middle School
Walton Priory is a school that takes pride in its multitude of STEAM awards, such as our achievement of being the winners of the BP Ultimate STEM Challenge. In our curriculum, we include an afternoon of rotational STEM activities and Competitive Sports that challenge and develop pupils’ knowledge and skills.
Pupils in KS3 have four Maths lessons per week, as well as one food-based lesson; two science lessons; an ICT lesson and an afternoon of STEM based project work. Throughout the school, we have a high percentage of students who are achieving higher marks in classes. We have two modern suites in the science labs; an advanced ICT suite, a class set of google Chromebooks; a DT suite and a newly refurbished sports hall and studio. We also have 10 acres of land which include wooded areas and a large playing field as well as Forest school.
We are looking for an applicant who:
- Is dedicated to enriching students education
- Is committed to raising standards and attainment for all pupils
- Is committed to creating an environment that nurtures and stimulates positive attitudes and independence
- Is prepared to be involved in all aspects of school life
- Is able to work collaboratively and supportively as part of our team
- Has qualified teacher status or is an ECT.
The successful candidate will teach Science lessons in the mornings and some afternoons and on certain days will teach science based STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Maths) projects, in both KS2 and KS3.
We will offer:
- A skilled and forward thinking team
- Supportive parents with high expectations
- Pleasant and hardworking children
- Experienced ECT mentors
It would be our pleasure to have you come and visit our school to see all that we have to offer. If you would like to visit please ring the office on 01785 550040 to book an appointment
The school is committed to safeguarding and therefore any offers of post are subject to full checks including Enhanced Disclosure check under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. Further details regarding this check are available from schools or by visiting www.dbs.gov.uk M1 to UPS3 (portability is not guaranteed but will be negotiated) £25,714 - £41,604 Permanent full-time , 32.5 hours per week Closing Date : 30th September 2021