Legal Services Administrator
1 day left
£19,312 - £19,698 per annum (pro rata)
23 hours per week
Legal Services Department, Hindlip Park
A permanent opportunity has arisen in the Legal Services Department, based at Service Headquarters, Hindlip Park. We anticipate there to be a balance of home and office working.
The role is to provide efficient and confidential administrative support to all functions within the Legal Services Department. The role is wide ranging and involves a variety of tasks in support of Fire Authority meetings, requests for information, complaints and the preparation of legal documentation. The post holder will also provide diary management and administrative support to the Head of Legal Services.
The successful candidate will have excellent organisational skills to prioritise a diverse workload and meet deadlines, ensuring confidentiality where required. Experience in using MS-Office and databases is essential as is a flexible approach and the ability to work as part of a team.
Ideal applicants will possess the below skills and experience:
- minimum of 3 GCSE’s or equivalent (one of which must be English Language
- Significant experience of providing administrative support
- Experience of producing documentation within set guidelines to a high standard
- Experience of using MS-Office, ICT applications and databases
- The ability to maintain confidentiality
- A flexible, proactive approach
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Effective interpersonal skills to build and maintain effective working relationships both internally and externally
- The ability to organise and prioritise a diverse workload and meet deadlines
- The ability to work within a team and to also work unsupervised; exercising and relying on own judgement
Every day we're helping to save lives and keep the community safe - and not only by fighting fires. Behind the scenes at Hereford & Worcester Fire and Rescue Service, there are lots of other roles that people don't see, helping to provide vital functions to keep us an efficient and effective Fire and Rescue Service.
Reasons to Join Us
- 24 days annual leave entitlement increasing to 29 days after five years’ continuous service (plus bank holidays) pro rata.
- Access to a local government pension scheme.
- Flexi-time scheme allowing you to have an element of flexibility over your working hours.
- Free car parking
If you would like any further information about the role or to visit Service Headquarters, please contact Information Governance & Committee Services Manager Alison Buttle on 07824 599361. The closing date is 11:59pm on Sunday 19th September. Interviews will be held 6th October. Applicants for this role will be required to be vetted to NPPV Level 2.