Grade H: £30,451 - £33,782 per annum
Post No: DR308 - 37 Hours per week
Fixed Term up to 24 months from appointment
Benefits to you:
- Flexitime Scheme
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Discounted Council Leisure Centre Membership
- 25 days holiday and 30 days after 5 years’ continuous service
- Free Car Parking
- Cycle Scheme
- Payment of One Professional Fee per Annum
- Essential Car User Allowance
Cannock Chase Council has an exciting opportunity for someone with a building surveying background to assist with the undertaking of maintenance and improvement works to the Council’s portfolio of non-residential buildings, structures and sites.
Working alongside the Council’s Building Surveyor, you will be procuring and project managing programmes of building maintenance, alterations and improvement works. The scope of the role is varied and will cover all aspects of day-to-day maintenance, planned and cyclical maintenance works and compliance contracts. Customer service is paramount so you will also need the ability to communicate professionally and effectively with people at all levels.
Essential requirements for this role include:
- Previous experience of building surveying and managing maintenance contracts
- A degree in Building Surveying or nearing completion of such qualification
- ICT skills sufficient to use Microsoft Office packages (Word, Excel, Outlook), Asset Management System software and also ideally AutoCAD LT
- Access to a suitable means of transport for visiting properties throughout the district
- Physically capable of undertaking property surveys
Applicants currently finalising their Building Surveying degree will be supported with time off to attend on day release.
For an informal discussion please contact Amanda Laight, Corporate Asset Manager on 01543-464309 or Paul Perks, Building Surveyor on 01543 464383.
To apply for this vacancy online please go to https://cannock.engageats.co.uk/welcome.aspx
Alternatively please telephone 01543 462621 or write to HR Services, Cannock Chase Council, Civic Centre, Beecroft Road, Cannock, Staffordshire, WS11 1BG or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org quoting post number DR308.
The closing date for receipt of completed applications is Friday 24th September 2021.
THE COUNCIL IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER