Science Support Technician - Painsley Catholic College
Science Support Technician
We are delighted to advertise an excellent opportunity to join our professional support team for an enthusiastic part-time Science Support Technician at our highly successful College. The post, for 22.5 hours per week, is term-time only. The successful candidate will provide a technical support service to the Science department, having experience in providing classroom support including the preparation of materials and equipment, and assisting with practical lessons.
About the role:
- Grade 4, SCP 5
- Actual annual salary £19,312, paid pro rata, per annum
- Term-time only, plus six inset days
- Working pattern 8am to 4pm with a 30-minute unpaid lunch break Wednesday to Friday
- Previous experience of a similar role desirable
- Grade C/4 in Maths & English and excellent communication/administrative skills are essential
- Applications from all faiths, and none, are equally welcome
Closing date: 9.00am 20th September 2021
- Painsley is a thriving and over-subscribed 11-18 Catholic College with 1360 students on roll
- We have outstanding 2019 GCSE results - 97% of students achieved the new standard pass in English and 89% in Maths. Progress 8 above average +0.4
- We are part of a highly successful Multi-Academy
- We are a Specialist Science College, Teaching School Hub, Behaviour Hub and Maths Hub. We are one of the first centres for the New T Level qualifications at KS5
- We are located in the market town of Cheadle in a semi-rural setting
- We are a Christian community with a caring, secure and disciplined environment
Informal enquiries and further details from HR@painsley.staffs.sch.uk.
The position is subject to a criminal records check from the Disclosure & Barring Service (formerly CRB) which requires you to disclose all criminal convictions. Further details from www.gov.uk/dbs. This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The College supports a Safer Recruitment policy.
Informal enquiries and further details from the HR team on 01538 493777 or HR@painsley.staffs.sch.uk. All applications should be returned to HR.
Painsley Catholic College is proud to be part of the Painsley Catholic Academy, A company limited by guarantee registered in England & Wales with company number 08146661. Registered Office Address: Station Road, Cheadle, Staffordshire ST10 1LH. Telephone: 01538 493777 Email: email@example.com Web: www.painsley.co.uk