School Administrator - Shireland Hall Primary Academy
We are looking for an enthusiastic person interested in working within a busy school office environment. You must be a real team player and have a strong desire to provide an efficient service to the Shireland Hall Primary Community. As the first point of contact, either by phone or in person, you will be expected to greet visitors and parents with an open and honest manner, making them feel comfortable and welcome when visiting our school.
Experience in an office environment is essential and must be able to demonstrate your IT skills and have an excellent telephone manner. You’ll need to have good written and computing skills and be able to work confidently with all Microsoft and Google programs and adapt well to new software. You’ll also need to have excellent communication skills and the ability to work to strict deadlines. We need someone who’s organised and efficient to ensure the day to day workload is managed effectively. You’ll also need to be flexible and creative, with the ability to transfer your skills from one area of expertise to another. Above all, you’ll be interested in becoming part of a busy, dedicated and supportive team.
Main Responsibilities will include:
Dealing with telephone enquiries to the school. Making outgoing routine telephone calls as requested.
- Greeting visitors to the school, signing in and out, issuing security passes. Providing necessary hospitality.
- Postal duties including receiving, opening and distributing incoming mail and despatching outgoing mail.
- Duplicating & distribution of information.
- Dealing with staff and pupils registers and information relating to school meals.
- Receive and check contents of parcel deliveries and distribute as necessary. Record receipt of goods on the financial management system.
- General word processing and routine I.T. tasks.
- Raise orders on the financial management system.
Application packs are available directly from this advert. Application forms should be returned to Jay Handley by e-mail at email@example.com or at the address below no later than Monday 4th October 2021 before 9am.
Mrs Jay Handley
Shireland Hall Primary Academy
Interviews due to take place: week commencing 11th October 2021
Note: We regret we cannot contact everyone who is not selected for an interview, therefore if you do not hear from us within 7 days after submitting your application, please assume you have not been successful on this occasion.
37 hours per week (8.30am to 4.30pm), Term-time only plus training days (39 weeks per year)
Band B Point 2 - 4 £18,198 pro rata (Actual salary £16,098.23)
Shireland Hall Primary Academy, Montague Road, Smethwick B66 4PW
Monday 4th October 2021 before 9am.