Officer - Commissioned Services Payments Team - Ref: SS01821
Officer - Commissioned Services Payments Team (2 Posts)
- Ref: SS01821
- Salary G5 £20,903 - £24,491 per annum
Walsall Council’s Adult Social Care Directorate are seeking to appoint officers to work within the Commissioned Services Payments Team.
This is an exciting opportunity to work with us in establishing and delivering an effective adult social care commissioned service payments service - which prioritises maximising the use of technologies available and developing effective internal and external relationships and delivering an efficient service - which aims to be right for our customers first time. We are seeking candidates who can demonstrate experience in the following areas:-
- Developing positive relationships with care providers across the health and social care economy, involving significant time spent communicating and negotiating with the providers to ensure accurately, validated payments are made in line with contract terms and service user individually commissioned support plans;
- Operating compliantly within contracted frameworks in the payment of commissioned services,
- Maximising electronic solutions to deliver a streamlined and efficient service;
- Delivering a structured and responsive financially focused customer focused service, within a team environment
Closing date for applications: 26 September 2021
This post is covered by the Government’s Code of Practice on the English Language Fluency Duty for public sector workers. The post holder will be required to communicate verbally with customers and provide advice and/or information in accurate spoken English.
For this role the successful candidate must undergo a Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) check. BPSS is the minimum standard to ensure the identity and integrity of an employee who has access to official information using secure networks linking central government and local authorities. A BPSS check involves four main elements; Identity Check, National and Immigration Status, Employment History (last 3 years) and Verification of Criminal Record (unspent convictions only).