Legal Support Officer (2 Posts) - Ref: RT08521
Legal Support Officer (2 posts) - Ref: RT08521
- £20,903 - £24,491 per annum
- Full time, permanent
The Legal Services section of Walsall Council provides a wide variety of advice as well as undertakes legal work for various council departments.
Due to an increase in work, the council are looking to appoint two legal support officers who are self-motivated to assist the solicitors and legal executives to deal with legal issues. You will be working with a highly motivated, close knit and well supported team.
The successful candidates will undertake a wide variety of work including booking court appointments, typing, liaising with Barrister Chambers, preparing court bundles, preparing Excel spreadsheets, updating files and records as well as undertake paralegal type work.
There are excellent opportunities for the successful candidates to develop their careers within the council.
Walsall is a great place to work, with much to offer and extensive regeneration such as the development of the Walsall Waterfront offering new residential accommodation, hotels and leisure facilities and is seeing ongoing investment in its town centre and retail provision. As an employer we provide an attractive employment package that includes:
- A generous annual leave entitlement offering a minimum 25 days leave per year (for this post) plus 9 concessionary days
- Access to an award winning pension scheme
- Recent development of the working environment which has created a modern professional space in which to work with improved technology that allows agile working
- Promotion of training and development opportunities to all our employees to help them progress and gain new skills
- A genuine commitment to equality of opportunity for our staff and customers – we aim to employ a representative workforce that reflects the communities we serve
We advertise vacancies because we want the best talent available. If that's you, we're waiting for your application.
Should you have any queries or questions about the roles, please contact:
Iqbal Javed – Head of Law (Contentious)
Tel: 07737 332642
or email email@example.com
Closing date: 21 September 2021
This post is covered by the Government’s Code of Practice on the English Language Fluency Duty for public sector workers. The postholder will be required to communicate verbally with service users and provide advice and/or information in accurate spoken English.
For this role the successful candidates must undergo a Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) check. BPSS is the minimum standard to ensure the identity and integrity of an employee who has access to official information using secure networks linking central government and local authorities. A BPSS check involves four main elements; Identity Check, National and Immigration Status, Employment History (last 3 years) and Verification of Criminal Record (unspent convictions only).