Assistant School Manager - Burton Borough School
Assistant School Manager
Required ASAP - Permanent Post
30 Hours per week
8.30am to 3.30pm Monday to Friday
Term Time + 1 Week (PD Days)
Scale 3 (£10.01 to £10.21 per hour) dependent on experience and length of service
We are seeking to appoint a highly motivated and enthusiastic person who will be working as part of the Pastoral Team. Under the guidance of the School Manager and Head of School and Pastoral Lead this person will undertake pastoral/administrative processes within their Small School as required.
Assist the School Manager with the planning and development of academic and welfare services within the school and to carry out detentions and duties
Main responsibilities to include
- Pastoral support, guidance and understanding.
- To assist the School Manager when dealing with queries, complaints and incidents relating to students from all stakeholders including students, parents, professionals and other external bodies
To undertake administrative duties for the Head of School such as:
- Admin tasks associated with academic development
- Assist with organising School Trips, events, celebration evenings etc and where required, liaising with the Finance team in the collection/accountancy of monies
- Provide personal, administrative and organisational support to the Head of School and the School Manager, making appointments, arranging and preparing for meetings etc and generating routine correspondence as required
- Provide general administrative support as appropriate according to the needs of the school
Burton Borough is a vibrant and inclusive mixed Community School of 1159 students, situated on the Shropshire/Staffordshire border within the pleasant market town of Newport. Our location provides easy access to/from Shrewsbury, Stafford, Telford and Wolverhampton. The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful applicants will need to undertake a DBS enhanced clearance for the school.
Closing date: 28th September 2021
Interview date: TBC
Application forms to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
For daily updates and to see what we do, follow us on Twitter or Instagram @BurtonBorough