- Manage all aspects of charity finance including annual budgeting, monitoring performance against budgets, credit control and cash flow financial reporting.
- Ensure that payroll is correctly administered, paid on time and compliance with PAYE and pension requirements.
- Update and manage a dashboard of key performance indicators for the organisation in respect of finance functions.
- Keeping VAT compliance up to date.
- Line manage the Finance Officer who is responsible for day-to-day bookkeeping and payroll.
- Undertake regular financial reviews and forecasts in conjunction with the Senior Leadership Team and the Chief Executive.
- Oversight of the Xero accounting platform which is operated by the Finance Officer.
- Responsible for compliance information requests from supporting charities and governmental bodies.
- Assist in the financial closedown and external audit of the annual statutory accounts, as well as all government/charity returns, claims and statistical analysis.
- Review the commercial potential of the organisation and support the Senior Leadership Team to identify and look at sustainable income generation from existing and future service provision.
- Support to Severn Arts Accountants who are responsible for the preparation of management accounts on a monthly basis.
- Attend Finance Committee meetings as appropriate.
- Support and comply with Severn Arts’ policies.
- Develop positive relationships with stakeholders.
- Carry out other duties as necessary to meet the needs of the organisation.
- Commitment to the organisation’s vision, goals and values