Warwickshire Children & Family Centre services improve the outcomes and life chances for all children, young people and their families by offering effective preventative and early intervention services that focus on those who are hardest to reach and are experiencing the greatest challenges in life.
The service is tailored to local need with specific provision based on in-depth understanding of the local communities it serves.
The service includes the following core elements:
1. Coordination and administration of the designated Children & Family Centres, associated outreach provision and volunteer coordination;
2. Provision of a range of stay, play and learn opportunities
3. Service, locality and community development
We are looking to recruit an experienced Service Administrator for our Nuneaton locality to provide efficient administrative support.
It is essential that you have:
- Proven substantial office experience
- Proven substantial experience of using IT packages including word processing, spread sheets, databases, Windows applications.
- Experience of operating financial systems including petty cash, budget monitoring and control
- Experience of premises/facilities management.
- Experience of dealing with members of the public and other agencies.
The post is for 18 hours per week, which we would like to be worked 6 hours per day, with one of those days being a Wednesday to ensure we have consistent admin cover. However, we can be flexible around which of the other days of the week the hours are worked. We anticipate working hours to be 8.30am-3pm over 3 days.
The postholder will be required to be flexible to work across the Nuneaton locality, as attending meetings and providing admin cover within other Children and Family Centres within the locality is a significant and regular part of the Service Administrator's work. An office base will be available at Riversley Park Children's Centre, Clinic Drive, Nuneaton, CV11 5TY. For this reason access to your own transport would be essential.
Whilst the regular work pattern for this post will be within the hours of 8.30 am-3pm Monday to Friday, the flexibility to occasionally work additional hours to provide cover for annual leave or sickness would also be desirable.
Please see Additional Information Sheet for more information.
When completing your application please refer to your skills knowledge and experience in relation to the Person Specification, Job Description and Additional Information document (if applicable). This should be done with an understanding of the context of the service described