Small School Manager - Burton Borough School
Small School Manager
Required from September 2021 - Permanent Post
37 Hours per week
8.30am to 4.30pm Monday to Thursday (4.00pm on Friday)
Term Time + 1 Week (PD Days)
Scale 5 (£11.73 to £12.69 per hour) dependent on experience and length of service
We are seeking to appoint a highly motivated and enthusiastic person who will be working as part of the Pastoral Team. Under the guidance of the Head of School and Pastoral Lead this person will undertake pastoral/administrative processes within their Small School.
• Pastoral support, guidance and understanding.
• To act as first point of contact for the Head of School, dealing with queries, complaints and incidents relating to students from all stakeholders including students, parents, professionals and other external bodies
• Discuss and identify issues with students to identify a way forward.
• Support students who may have attendance/truancy issues within the small school community.
• Oversee a student’s return to lessons or organise alternative arrangements.
• Liaise on times with such bodies as Family Connect, Police, Social Workers
• Promote healthy lifestyle choices for students through individual identification referrals to practitioners created via formulating partnerships.
• Provide general pastoral administrative support as appropriate according to the needs of student and the school.
Please click on the links below for further information and email completed application forms to firstname.lastname@example.org
Burton Borough is a vibrant and inclusive mixed Community School of 1159 students, situated on the Shropshire/Staffordshire border within the pleasant market town of Newport. Our location provides easy access to/from Shrewsbury, Stafford, Telford and Wolverhampton. The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful applicants will need to undertake a DBS enhanced clearance for the school.
For further information, please visit our website at www.burtonborough.org.uk or telephone 01952 386500 or email the Principal’s PA at email@example.com.
For daily updates and to see what we do, follow us on Twitter or Instagram @BurtonBorough