Teaching Assistant (Level 2) Additional Needs - The Hugo Meynell CE ( VC) Primary School
Teaching Assistant (Level 2)
25 Hours per Week, Term time only
Salary: £12,942-£13,198 (FTE salary: £19,312 - £19,698)
Fixed Term temporary post - initially until 20/07/2022
(with the potential to be extended as the contract is attached to a child in Key Stage 1)
Hugo Meynell Primary School are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and motivated individual, who is passionate about making a difference to the lives of children. We require a teaching assistant who can support children with complex needs and support their class teacher in the delivery of the curriculum. If you have had experience in working with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) in either a school or a specialist setting then this could be the perfect opportunity for you.
The successful candidate will hold pupil well-being at the centre of all they do, have good inter-personal skills, high standards and expectations and an understanding of the difficulties faced by young pupils.
We are looking for a teaching assistant who:
- Is flexible, focused in their approach, and committed to supporting SEND in mainstream schools.
- Is able to work independently with a child on a 1 to 1 basis.
- Understands how to support the development of children with additional needs and is able to demonstrate dealing with challenging and difficult behaviour. (An awareness or experience of ASD would be advantageous but not essential if the candidate is self-motivated to study specialist knowledge.)
- Takes pride in the progress made by pupils and has high expectations of their attainment.
- Is able to encourage pupils to interact and engage with learning activities led by the teacher, prepare and maintain general equipment and support the class team in preparing the classroom for lessons.
- Displays excellent communication skills.
- Is able to analyse behaviour and provide social and emotional support.
- Is caring, patient, and able to cater for the individual needs of the child.
We can offer:
- A caring, welcoming and stimulating environment
- A talented, hardworking and friendly staff
- Motivated and happy children who love to learn
- A forward thinking school that provides opportunities that make a difference
- Continuous professional development
If you wish to apply for this position, please send your completed application form to Mrs Julie Redfern, Office Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visits to the school are welcome. Please contact us by email to arrange this or to ask any further questions.
Closing Date: 9am Tuesday 28th September
Interview Date: Tuesday 5th October
This School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This position is subject to a criminal records check from the Disclosure & Barring Service (formerly CRB) which will require you to disclose details of all unspent and unfiltered spent reprimands, formal warnings, cautions and convictions in your application form.
Hugo Meynell Cof E (Vc) Primary School
Shropshire TF9 4NU