Director of Resources & Operations
OPERATIONS Work with all Severn Arts staff to:
• Develop and lead the implementation of a long-term sustainable business operations model to deliver the strategic aims of Severn Arts’ business plan, based on sound operational processes with embedded business practices and procedures.
• Ensure compliance and smooth running of Severn Arts in IT infrastructure, GDPR and data protection, health and safety and office facilities.
• Administer HR functions and legal processes, commissioning outside support as required.
• Maintain and regularly review Severn Arts organisational policies.
• Maintain our evaluation framework and other ‘organisational health’ measures; analysing, interpreting and evaluating the outcomes of these and recommending action for improvements.
• Ensure preparation and completion of statutory returns and compliance information as required.
• Maintain the Risk Register. • Maintain a watching brief on governance and legal requirements generally.
FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT Lead the Finance Team to:
• Ensure sound management of all aspects of our charitable company finances, including budgeting, monitoring performance against budgets, credit control and financial reporting.
• Oversee the preparation of the annual budget, monthly management accounts and Annual financial accounts to comply with statutory obligations.
• Provide appropriate support and oversight to tender and contract negotiation processes.
• Ensure that payroll is correctly administered, compliance with PAYE and pension requirements.
• Ensure all internal and external audit reporting recommendations are promptly actioned.
• Service the Finance Committee and to bring to their attention any issues as appropriate, with recommendations.
• Prepare papers to guide the senior leadership team and the trustees on financial matters and make recommendations to the Chief Executive on budget and financial matters as thought fit.
• Draw up reports on the use of grant income as required.
• Manage, support and motivate the team to drive performance and set up performance management processes.
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT Work with all Severn Arts staff to:
• Review the commercial potential of the organisation.
• Assist in implementing initiatives to boost income from earnings in service provision or other options.
• Deputise for the CEO in her absence as required.
• As a member of the senior leadership team, contribute to the development of the organisation’s overall strategy and deliver the goals and targets set out in the business plan.
• Comply with Severn Arts’ policies. • Develop positive relationships with stakeholders.
• Carry out other duties as necessary to meet the needs of the organisation.
• Commitment to the organisation’s vision, goals and values.