Teaching Assistant Grade 1 (30 Hours)
Start Date – As soon as possible
30 hours per week - 8.45-3.15 Monday to Friday
We have an exciting opportunity for a 1:1 Teaching Assistant at Northwick Manor Primary School. The school is part of The Rivers CofE Academy family of schools.
What are we looking for:
We are looking for an enthusiastic, experienced, Teaching Assistant for this exciting new opportunity to work in our year 4 team supporting a child with additional needs.
You will have:
• Previous experience in working in KS2
• Have current knowledge of the KS2 curriculum
• Good understanding of supporting behaviour in a nurturing environment
• Able to work with children 1:1 as required, including children with additional needs
• Able to work in the whole class environment
• Good interpersonal skills
• Flexible and creative
• Positive and hard working
• Understanding of how children learn and develop
• Understanding to differing children’s needs
Your responsibilities will include:
• Assisting teacher and pupils
• Working with pupils on an individual or group basis as required by the class teacher.
• Assisting in offsite visits
• Aiding pupils with special needs to access all subjects of the national curriculum and encourage their independence as learners
• Motivating and encouraging pupils to behave well in and around school
• Meeting the physical and/ or hygiene needs of pupils as required
• Supporting children at lunchtime
For additional information please contact Sara Stanley firstname.lastname@example.org (Deputy Head Teacher). For an application form please email Jacqui Tombs (email@example.com). Applications to be submitted using the Rivers C of E Trust Application Form and addressed to Sara Stanley.
Closing Date – Friday 17th September 2021 at 12 noon
Interview Date – To be confirmed
Please note if you have not been contacted by Friday 17th September you have not been shortlisted on this occasion