We are seeking to appoint a part time energetic, resourceful, reliable Caretaker with a broad range of DIY skills necessary for the effective and efficient operation of site services. This includes central heating, cleaning, security, porterage, reallocation of furniture and equipment, repairs, maintenance, improvements and refurbishments.
The post holder will be:
- Hardworking, approachable and flexible - working extra hours when needed if possible
- Have initiative and common sense
- Able to determine the neatness, accuracy and thoroughness of the work assigned
- Able to handle sensitive information, maintaining confidentiality when necessary
- A good role model
- Able to work collaboratively with other adults
- Responsible, honest, trustworthy and reliable
- Have good verbal communication skills to deal with pupils and adults
- Well-organised and capable of prioritising their own work
- Happy to work on their own or as part of a team
- Able to work effectively to tight time scales
- Able to positively contribute ideas and solutions to problems that arise
- Security conscious at all times
- Have a positive approach to work
The Caretaker is responsible for ensuring the school building and premises are maintained to a high standard. A key part of the role is ensuring the site is Health and Safety compliant and keeping appropriate records and logs.
We will offer you an extensive CPD programme to nurture and develop your talents at all levels, a professional hard working and supportive team that works together to create a safe and welcoming environment inclusive to all, and access to a network of schools to share best practice and develop career prospects at the highest level.
Please see job description for full list of duties.
Closing Date: Monday 20 September 2021
Interview date: Monday 27 September 2021
Visits to the school are encouraged, please contact the Office to arrange on 01543 421850 and ask for Vanessa Clark
Please return your completed application form via email to:
Or by post to:
Chadsmead Primary Academy
Community Academies Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff to share this commitment and to undergo appropriate checks, including enhanced DBS checks and a willingness to demonstrate commitment to the standards which flows from Community Academies Trust vision and values.
The role is covered by part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016 and therefore the ability to speak fluent spoken English is an essential requirement for this role.
Community Academies Trust supports Equal Opportunities Employment.
Community Academies Trust Company Registration No. 0747273-6