1:1 Teaching Assistant
4 days left
Post: 1:1 Teaching Assistant (Key Stage 2)
Hours: 32.5 hours per week, Term time only (38 weeks plus 5 Inset Days)
Salary: NJC Spinal Point 4
Start Date: November 2021
Contract Type: Fixed Term, dependent on funding received for the pupil
Veritas Primary Academy is a two form entry school for children aged 4 to 11 years old that opened its doors in September 2015. We are a very friendly school where children are encouraged to become confident, caring and articulate and to use their abilities to the full. We aim to provide a calm and happy atmosphere and set high standards of respect, courtesy, hard work and achievement for all children and adults.
We are part of the REAch2 Academy Trust family and foster close links with other schools throughout the Trust aiming to share resources, facilities and expertise to ensure the best teaching and learning possible.
We are seeking to appoint a new member of staff to join our dynamic team of committed Teaching Assistants to assist in promoting the learning and personal development of the pupil to whom you are assigned, to enable him/her to make best use of the educational opportunities available to them. We would like to hear from anyone who feels they can motivate, inspire and challenge an assigned pupil to achieve their very best and want to be a memorable chapter of a child’s learning story.
Potential candidates should have an NVQ Level 3 (or equivalent) in a relevant childcare qualification and have experience of working with children with Special Educational Needs. Experience of working with children with Autism and sensory needs is desirable.
Candidates should also:
- Have a flexible approach to working
- Works well within a team
- Displays initiative and ability to work independently
- Is enthusiastic and dynamic
- Be reliable with a sense of commitment
- Have a calm and patient manner
- Ability to adapt activities to engage an interest
- Use praise, commentary and assistance to encourage the pupil to concentrate and stay on task
- Be confident in liaising with the class teacher, SENCO, pupils parents and other professionals about individual Learning plans, contributing to the planning and delivery as appropriate
- Helping to make appropriate resources to support the pupil
- To establish supportive relationships with the pupil concerned and their parents
- To promote the acceptance and inclusion of the pupil with SEN, encouraging pupils to interact with each other in an appropriate and acceptable manner
- To support the pupil in developing social skills both in and out of the classroom
- To provide regular feedback on the pupil’s learning to the teacher, parents and SENCO
- We would like to hear from anyone who feels they can motivate, inspire and challenge pupils to achieve their very best and want to be a memorable chapter of the children’s learning story.
How to apply: Application packs can be found on our school website- www.veritasprimaryacademy.com
Closing Date: Completed applications should be received by no later than 12pm Wednesday 22nd September 2021
By Post to: Lucy Henderson, Veritas Primary Academy, Weston Road, Stafford, ST18 0FL
Or by Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
REAch2 Academy Trust has an Equal Opportunities Policy for selection and recruitment. Applicants are requested to complete an online Equal Opportunities Monitoring form.
Interview Date and Task Completion: TBC (this will be in school following social distancing protocols or if preferred can also be conducted via Zoom)
Veritas Primary Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This position is subject to an enhanced DBS Check and satisfactory written references.