Secretary for Bengeworth CE Academy
Secretary for Bengeworth CE Academy - Kings Road Setting
Required as soon as possible - no later than Monday 1st November 2021
Scale 4, pt 7-11 (from £16,672)
35 hours per week Term Time Only (Plus 10 days: 5 Training (INSET) Days and 5 days during school holidays)
Monday – Friday 8.00am – 4.00pm
We are looking to appoint an experienced, capable and efficient Secretary to be part of our wonderful staff team.
You must be up to date and proficient in all office skills with experience of working in a busy education environment. The successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing day to day systems essential to the running of the school office and will undertake a range of duties including letters, payments, enquiries and answering calls, as well as dealing sensitively with a wide range of issues from children, parents and outside agencies.
You will need:
- A relevant Level 3 qualification or above (or equivalent)
- Excellent IT and interpersonal skills
- Good knowledge of Word, Excel and Google G-Suite
- Good problem solving skills, an unwavering commitment to customer satisfaction and a can-do attitude
- Experience of using social media to communicate with parents and carers desirable but not essential
- Previous relevant experience
- Ability to multi-task under pressure and work to deadlines
- Experience of School MIS (e.g. Scholarpack) and payment systems (e.g. ParentPay) preferred
- First aid qualification or a willingness to undertake first aid training
Other necessary qualities include confidentiality, being able to work on your own initiative, a willingness to support other members of staff and go the extra mile.
As a Secretary you will be carrying out the following duties:
- Answering all calls in a professional manner and communicating messages promptly
- Ensuring all guests are welcomed in a friendly manner
- Working with the Receptionists and to deal with all enquiries
- Providing support to staff, parents and children
- Ensuring the smooth running of the office/reception area
- A range of administrative duties including emails and communications such as letters to parents
- Support with diary management, arranging meetings, minute taking when required
- Support for classes and year groups and administration for clubs, trips and events, including payments
- Purchase Orders and supplies, in liaison with the finance team
- Handling other administrative duties for the school as and when required
- Maintaining confidentiality at all times for sensitive documents and phone calls
The children at the school are highly motivated by a committed teaching staff and are well supported through an encouraging learning environment. This is a great opportunity for an enthusiastic Secretary to join our friendly team, making a difference to the outcomes for the children and families community of Bengeworth CE Academy.
This post is subject to an Enhanced Criminal Records Bureau Disclosure check.
Further details about our school and an application form are available from the school’s website:
Please send your completed application to: email@example.com
Closing Date: 9.00 am Friday 17th September.
Interviews: W/B Monday 20th September