Inclusion Centre Manager- ref TV29721
7 days left
Brownhills Ormiston Academy
Deakin Avenue, Walsall
WS8 7QG, Tel: 01543 452886
Inclusion Centre Manager
NJC pay scale £30,451.00- £33,782.00 (FTE)
Actual Salary £26,075.66-£28,928.00
(37 hours per week term time & training days)
Brownhills Ormiston Academy is a small and traditional school, with a welcoming and friendly atmosphere. We currently have 700 students aged 11-16 on roll. Our last Ofsted in 2017 graded the school good with a range of outstanding features.
We are seeking to appoint an innovative and ambitious Inclusion Manager who can enthuse, motivate and build a rapport with students in the academy. Working closely with pastoral leads, the Inclusion Centre Manager will lead the provision and support for improving students’ behaviour and attitudes across all year groups.
We are committed to continually improving the quality of our provision. Staff benefit from a positive working environment, with strong support for professional development. The successful candidate will join a team of friendly and supportive colleagues who want to achieve the very best for our students.
Our new Inclusion Centre Manager role will involve:
- Leading pastoral intervention programmes to support a range of students that have been referred to the Inclusion Centre.
- Managing the students that have been selected to spend time in the Inclusion Centre and overseeing an effective reintegration back into lessons.
- Keeping accurate records of the students that you work with and the impact of the interventions that you introduce.
- Mentoring students as part of the academy’s pastoral provision.
- Assisting in the coordination and effective implementation of the Behaviour for Learning policy.
- Liaising with subject teachers to ensure that suitable work is provided for those students in the Inclusion Centre.
- Providing support for the on-call system as required.
To be successful, you will set high expectations to motivate and challenge students whilst managing behaviour effectively and promoting a positive learning culture. You will deal with students at both KS3 and KS4 and demonstrate an ability to provide high quality support to those students who are struggling to engage positively with learning.
The idea candidate should:
- Have previous experience of working with children and young people or in a secondary school environment.
- Demonstrate effective classroom management.
- Be confident in their ability to raise standards and instil self-belief and achievement in our students.
- Be a fully inclusive team player.
- Show commitment to inclusion and success for all.
- Have enthusiasm, resilience, warmth and humour.
- Actively contribute to the wider life and ethos of the Academy.
In return we offer:
- A supportive and inclusive work environment
- Comprehensive CPD
- Collaborative colleagues
- The opportunity to join an aspiring academy with exciting plans for the future.
- A commitment to achieving a realistic work/life balance.
Closing date for this post is Friday 24th September 2021.
Visit us online at www.oatcareers.co.uk where you can find further information and details on how to apply. Please note that CVs are not accepted. Previous applicants need not reapply.
Brownhills Ormiston Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.
Suitability checks will be undertaken in accordance with KCSIE, including identity, Right to Work, qualifications, Prohibition check, two references and enhanced DBS check including Children’s Barred List.
This post is advertised in accordance with OAT recruitment and selection policy.
Canvassing any member of staff, or member of the Governing Body, directly or indirectly, is prohibited and will be considered a disqualification.