Early Years Teaching Assistant - Southfields Primary School
Southfields is a popular, diverse school in the heart of Coventry with happy, vibrant children and committed staff. We are a two-form entry school with children’s learning and well-being at the heart of it. We provide a secure, stimulating and caring environment in which we aim to give children the best possible start to their education.
We wish to employ an EYFS Teaching Assistant to work in our Nursery and Reception classes.
We are seeking an individual who is energetic, enthusiastic and passionate with a positive work ethic who is keen to bring out the very best in our youngest pupils.
The successful candidate will have an excellent understanding of the Early Years Foundation Stage and have experience within a similar setting and experience as a classroom teaching assistant in Early Years.
You will be responsible for supporting the planning and managing of the day-to-day provision in Nursery and Reception, working closely with the Early Years Team providing a high quality, stimulating learning environment; communicating regularly with parents; ensuring the highest standards of safety and wellbeing.
We are looking for someone with the ability to inspire, motivate and achieve significant impact. You will be passionate about the need to enable our youngest pupils to make progress within their learning and development.
The ideal candidate will:
• Hold a relevant NVQ Level 2/3 or above qualification
• Have recent and relevant experience as a classroom teaching assistant within the EYFS phase
• Be highly motivated and enthusiastic about pupil’s learning
• Be able to contribute to and work collaboratively as part of a team
• Be able to inspire others and lead by example
• Be able to demonstrate commitment to raising standards of teaching, learning and achievement
• Be friendly, approachable and flexible
• Be organised and have good interpersonal and communication skills
In return we can offer you:
• Highly committed, supportive and friendly staff across the school
• Delightful, well behaved children, willing to learn
• Excellent teaching resources and learning environment
A visit to the school prior to application is welcomed. Please phone the school office on 024 7622 6810 or email mailto:email@example.com to arrange a suitable time to visit.
Only those shortlisted will be contacted further and so if you have not heard from us by 24th September 2021, your application will have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Work pattern: 35 hours per week, term time only + 5 training days, permanent.
Salary: £18,933 - £20,092 pro rata (Actual Salary £15,473 - £16,420)
Closing date: Monday 20th September 2021 at 9.00AM
Interview date: Week commencing 20/09/21
This post is exempted under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and as such appointment to this post will be conditional upon the receipt of a satisfactory response to a check of police records via Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
This School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.