5 days left
Post- Catering Assistant
Hours – 20 hours per week, Term Time Only (10am-2pm daily)
Salary – Real Living Wage, £9.50 per hour
Start Date- November 2021 or sooner
Line Manager – Catering Manager, School Business Manager, Headteacher
Contract Type- Permanent
Purpose of the Role: To assist in the preparation, cooking and serving of meals within the School dining hall.
About Us: Veritas Primary Academy is a two form entry school for children aged 4 to 11 years old that opened its doors in September 2015. We are a very friendly school where children are encouraged to become confident, caring and articulate and to use their abilities to the full. We aim to provide a calm and happy atmosphere and set high standards of respect, courtesy, hard work and achievement for all children and adults.
About The Role:
Are you looking to forge a career within a pioneering and values-driven family of schools? Do you want to work with a committed and enthusiastic team, passionate about first rate food and fun and memorable experiences for children? Are you an exceptional cook, passionate about healthy, high-quality nutrition? If so, this role could be for you!
Veritas Primary Academy is looking to appoint a highly motivated, innovative and passionate Catering Assistant to join our catering team. Food served in school forms a part of our healthy school’s ethos, and exceptional nutrition supports our drive for exceptional opportunities for learning. Our school catering team carries out an essential role in providing high quality, nutritional meals for pupils. Our staff serve over 200 meals a day with an emphasis on making things from scratch. We have fresh fruit prepared daily as well as a fresh salad bar with a variety of prepared salads as well as individual salad items. The catering team cater our theme days to support the curriculum and create lovely buffet and hospitality lunches for training and visitors to school.
In the role of Catering Assistant, you will play an important part in the development of healthy habits and enjoyment of mealtimes. Our catering team is instrumental in the smooth running of our lunchtime service and they take pride in ensuring that hygiene and safety protocols are implemented to the highest standards.
The successful candidate will need to hold a NVQ Level 2 or equivalent qualification/relevant experience in catering in a school kitchen. Candidates should also;
- Have a flexible approach to working
- Work well within a team
- Works well under pressure and in a fast paced and busy kitchen environment
- Display initiative and ability to work independently
- Be enthusiastic and dynamic
- Be reliable with a sense of commitment
- Ability to have positive interactions with both adults and children
- Be able to perform kitchen and cleaning duties in accordance with the School’s Health and Safety policy, COSHH regulations and all statutory health and safety requirements.
- Do dishes, wipe trays and ensure high levels of hygiene
- Prepare basic food items within agreed cooking methods, portion controls and as required.
- Maintain highest levels of cleanliness and hygiene within the kitchen and the dining area and ensure that cleaning schedule is completed on a daily basis.
- Assist in the production and service of special events as required.
- Serve staff, pupils and visitors at service time to the required standard
- Have knowledge and understanding of Health and Safety within a school setting
- Be willing to contribute, share ideas and develop recipes
- Hold a level 2 certificate in Food Hygiene or be willing to undertake the training
- Hold a certificate in food allergens and intolerance training or be willing to undertake the training
- Be able to assist in the monitoring of stock and check in deliveries accurately
- Assist with catering for theme days and events
- Be willing to complete additional training as directed
- Is able to use a computer to access online training modules
- The ability to operate and clean basic machinery and equipment
- To undertake such other work as requested up to or at a level consistent with the principal duties and responsibilities of the role
You will be joining the REAch2 Academy Trust, a national family of primary academies committed to raising standards and achieving excellence for all pupils, whatever their background or circumstance. The Trust provides a strong culture of collaboration and support, together with high expectations for staff and pupils alike.
If you feel that you would like to be part of a growing school in Stafford that is committed to excellence, we would like to hear from you.
How to apply: Application packs can be found on our school website- www.veritasprimaryacademy.com
Closing Date: Completed applications should be received by no later than 12pm Wednesday 22nd September
By Post to: Lucy Henderson, Veritas Primary Academy, Weston Road, Stafford, ST18 0FL
Or by Email: email@example.com
REAch2 Academy Trust has an Equal Opportunities Policy for selection and recruitment. Applicants are requested to complete an online Equal Opportunities Monitoring form.
Interview Date and Task Completion: TBC
Veritas Primary Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This position is subject to an enhanced DBS Check and satisfactory written references.