2 year fixed term contract
An exciting and timely opportunity has become available to join City of Wolverhampton's Council's Projects and Programmes Team and work closely with the City Housing and Environment Directorate to be a key part in the Cities' efforts to tackle climate change. You will lead on two major new change projects and provide oversight and support to a wide range of existing project work happening across the City Housing and Environment service. Some of the key features of the role will include:
- Being responsible for the oversight of all the projects currently live within City Environment
- Working closely with the Director of City Housing and Environment to develop the new project pipeline and scope the associated resource
- Be responsible for the development of robust governance around the emerging Climate change Programme, ensuring that our ambitious Carbon Neutral Action Plan is being embedded across the authority, and progress against actions are recorded and reported into the newly formed Climate Change Programme Board
- Working closely with the Waste Service to develop the Programme Governance around the new Energy from Waste project working across services to review feasibility and options for our plant and the subsequent wider infrastructure review
- Work closely with the Waste Service around the implications of the proposed Environment Bill looking to offer greater consistency in household recycling in England
You will have knowledge and experience of the full lifecycle of programme management and would have previous experience working on a wide range of programmes and projects, being able to demonstrate where you have delivered significant programmes of change
You should be able to demonstrate a proven ability to communicate and maintain effective working relationships with key stakeholders at all levels of an organisation and be highly organised and versatile in your approach to working in a complex public service setting.
An understanding of City Housing and Environment services and in particular the challenges that public sector organisations will need to address in order to support efforts in tackling the climate issues that our society are now faced with would be highly desirable.
If you are interested in applying for this position or require further information in respect of this job, please contact Steven Cartwright at email@example.com
Programme Manager - JDPS.docx