High Level Teaching Assistant - Flash Ley Primary School
Flash Ley Community Primary School And Nursery
High Level Teaching Assistant
FIXED TERM CONTRACT (TERM TIME ONLY) January - July 2022
Grade 7 – £18,562 (pro-rata) – actual £5,491
10 hours per week – afternoon’s
START DATE- JANUARY 2022
We are seeking to appoint an experienced, confident, enthusiastic and hard-working Higher Level Teaching Assistant to work alongside our teaching team to cover various classes.
The successful applicant will be required to work Monday – Thursday (10 hours per week – afternoon’s). This position is a fixed term contract and will commence in January 2022 to July 2022.
Responsibilities will include:
- Support and work across all year groups
- Cover lessons and PPA each afternoon
- Manage challenging behaviour effectively
- Organise and manage appropriate learning environment and resources
- Under an agreed system of supervision, plan and prepare teaching and learning objectives, adjusting activities/work plans as appropriate
- Undertake more complex marking of planned work
- Monitor and evaluate pupil responses to learning activities using a range of assessment and monitoring strategies against pre-determined learning objectives
The successful applicant will need to:
- meet HLTA standards (or recognised equivalent qualification)
- excellent Numeracy/Literacy sills equivalent to NVQ Level 2 in English and Maths or recognised equivalent
- NVQ Level4 for Teaching Assistant (or recognised equivalent qualification)
- experience of working to support children’s learning, gained in a relevant environment is essential
- work effectively within a team but also on their own initiative
- be flexible
Please request an application pack from Mrs King, our School Business Manager by emailing: email@example.com. Completed forms to be returned by Friday 15th October 2021 at 4.00pm.
“This Authority/School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment”.
This position is subject to and Enhanced Disclosure Check under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
Closing Date: Friday 15th October 2021 at 4.00pm
Interview date:-week commencing 1st November 2021