Clerk to Governors/PA - Ref: TV30321
Chuckery Primary School
Vacancy - Clerk to Governors/PA
Hours – Flexible – 16 per week – Permanent – Term Time Only plus 5 training days
Salary – Grade 5 - Salary £20,903 (pro rata £7,774.70 pa)
Chuckery Primary School is seeking to appoint a Clerk to the Governors with some additional PA duties. This is a key role, providing administrative and procedural advice to the Governing Board and school. The post will include:
- Liaising with the Headteacher and Chair of Governors, to arrange meetings, prepare agendas, circulate papers, taking the minutes at all governors meetings and acting as a central point of contact for all governors.
- To organise, file and update key documents to support the smooth running of the Governing Board.
- Provide advice to the Governing Board on governance, constitutional and procedural matters.
- To ensure regular and ongoing training for Clerk and Governors is completed
- Checking that the Governor pages of the school website and the DFE School Details are accurate and up-to-date, and liaising with the Chair of Governors or Headteacher with regard to compliance.
- Arranging and facilitation of meetings
- Minute taking
- General administration office duties
- Supporting colleagues with administration duties
The ideal candidate will have clerking experience and hold or willing to work towards The accredited NGA Leading Governance programme Level 3 Certificate in the Clerking of School and Academy Governing Boards. The course costs will be covered by School.
There are approximately 12 Governing Body meetings per academic year which are held after school (usually between 5.00pm and 7.30pm and are mainly on Monday evenings). Attendance at meetings is essential and is part of the 16 hour contract.
The Clerk may be required to undertake further ad-hoc meetings as needed which can be during the school day, also as part of the 16 hour contract. This post is a school based role. The hours require a degree of flexibility from the post-holder as the schedule of meetings and workload around them can vary.
Supporting a busy and diverse team, you will be enthusiastic and highly motivated to provide a quality service; you will have excellent organisational skills, delivering a high standard of accuracy and maintaining professionalism at all times. The role requires excellent communication skills, a proactive, friendly can-do attitude and the ability to develop strong working relationships across the Division.
You should be comfortable managing your own workload and using your initiative. You will need to maintain confidentiality, being able to remain impartial, having a flexible approach to working hours, having good interpersonal skills, being able to work at times convenient to the Governing Board (including evening meetings).
- Closing date: 12 noon on Thursday 23rd September 2021
Chuckery Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and Governors to share this commitment. The successful candidate must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and an enhanced DBS check prior to appointment.
Application forms and further details are available by contacting the school
by e-mailing email@example.com or phoning the school on