Office Administrator (PA to SLT and Clerk to Governors)
4 days left
Meadow Green Primary School are seeking to employ an experienced Office administrator to ensure high quality secretarial and administration support to ensure Meadow Green Primary School runs efficiently and effectively.
Working Hours are 38.5 hours per week (including 1 hour per week providing Clerk Duties for the Governing Body), term time only plus 5 TEDs,
Meadow Green is a larger than average Primary School catering for up to 330 pupils from Nursery to Year 6. An enthusiastic, organised and motivated person is required to join a busy school office, work as PA to the Senior Leadership Team, and provide a link between the school and governors. The successful candidate will be instrumental in the smooth running and coordination of Governors meetings, including acting as Clerk to the Governors and minute taking at meetings.
The successful candidate will offer the following skills and attributes.
- A commitment to promote and safeguard the welfare of children.
- Act as Data Protection Officer, ensuring compliance with the requirements of the General Data Protection Register (GDPR).
- An excellent knowledge of all school office procedures carrying out administrative duties, in a timely and efficient manner, ensuring deadlines are met within the school office, in order to maintain the efficient running of the school.
- Excellent interpersonal skills when dealing with a range of colleagues, pupils, parents and visitors to the school.
- A high level of organisational, planning and prioritising skills, with attention to detail.
- A high level of skill in all aspects of IT including maintaining websites and other communication media.
- Working knowledge and experience of pupil database (Scholarpack).
- Flexible and supportive approach to the range of duties required.
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines when required.
- A cheerful, good-humoured approach to work and colleagues.
- Meadow Green Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and as such, expects all staff to share this commitment. A full DBS disclosure is required for the post.
The job role will include:-
- Providing administrative support for Headteacher and Staff including maintaining the school website and school calendar on Google.
- Liaise with external providers and coordinate marketing/communications for the school, including overseeing pupil starters and leavers, events & communications (website, newsletter, social media etc.)
- Managing pupil admissions and transfers in accordance with the LA/schools policy.
- Managing and maintaining Scholarpack with regard to all pupil records
- Completion of PLASC using Scholarpack programme, school census and LA returns.
- Minute taking at Governor Committee Meetings.
- Maintaining school database of CPD, training information.
- Maintain and update Single Central Record.
- Oversee maintenance of School Policies, including statutory policies.
- To be responsible for the administration of educational visits on and off site using the Evolve system
- To manage an effective daily liaison with the other office staff to ensure all relevant information is entered into Attendance, Admissions and ParentPay to ensure these systems are up-to-date and correct.
- Ensuring compliance with the GDPR
In liaison with the finance administrator, manage the booking and registers for wraparound provision
The successful candidate will be expected to have:-
• Strong administrative skills.
• Team approach – ability to build effective working relationships.
• Previous experience as an office administrator
• Experience of using a wide range of ICT software including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Scholarpack.
Meadow Green Primary School will offer:-
• A committed SLT and Governing Body.
• A school and its community which is striving to become a centre of excellence.
• A commitment towards your continued personal development.
• Effective training to ensure the successful candidate is skilled in all areas of work.
This post is open to those new to working in a school role as well as those with more experience and prospective candidates are encouraged to visit the school prior to application. Please contact Mrs Bal Bassi on 01564 823495 to arrange an appropriate date and time.
School visit: 17th September 2021, please telephone to arrange a convenient time
Please note shortlisted candidates references will be requested prior to interview
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to a fully enhanced DBS check.
Our core data protection obligations and commitments are set out in the council’s primary Recruitment and Employment Privacy Notice which can be found here
Closing date: 22nd September 2021
Short-listing: 23rd September 2021
Interview: 29th September 2021