Featherstone Academy is a one form entry primary school on the outskirts of Wolverhampton. We were judged ‘Good’ at our last Ofsted inspection in 2017 and have high aspirations for excellent outcomes for our pupils and families.
To ensure the safety, general welfare and conduct of pupils during the midday break period. Assistance is also given to school and catering staff with basic cleaning and general duties in and around dining areas.
1. To supervise pupils in designated areas of the school during the midday break and to ensure their safety, welfare and general conduct through appropriate application of the school's policies and procedures.
2. To establish safe and appropriate behaviour by effective intervention or referral to senior staff.
3. To supervise the movement of pupils to and from dining areas, including any personal hygiene requirements.
4. To maintain good order in dining areas.
5. To assist pupils, where necessary, with the collection of food and return of trays, or other items to the service counter.
6. To assist pupils, where necessary, with the proper use of cutlery, drinking facilities or other aspects of the midday meal.
7. To assist in the clearance of any spillages and wiping down, clearing or resetting of tables, as appropriate.
8. To assist in the setting up and removal of furniture where necessary.
9. To take any immediate action to attend to sickness or accidents by carrying out minor first aid and summoning relevant assistance.
10. To report any unauthorised visitors on school premises.
11. To complete any documentation required by the school in relation to incidents occurring during the lunchtime break period and to participate in review meetings, as required.
No formal qualifications or previous experience is required but the ability to establish positive expectations of pupil behaviour, good relationships with staff and pupils, and a sensitivity to pupils' personal needs is essential.
Closing Date: Wednesday 15th September
Interview Date: Friday 17th September
The University of Wolverhampton Multi Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We therefore expect all staff and volunteers to work to and within school policies and procedures, including safeguarding, child protection and health and safety.
This post is subject to satisfactory references which will be requested prior to the interview, an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check, medical check, evidence of qualifications, plus verification of the right to work in the UK.
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent and spoken English is an essential requirement for this role