Featherstone Academy is a one form entry primary school on the outskirts of Wolverhampton. We were judged ‘Good’ at our last Ofsted inspection in 2017 and have high aspirations for excellent outcomes for our pupils and families.
• Be responsible for ensuring the cleanliness of your designated area and for maintaining high and consistent standards.
• Take initiative to perform cleaning and tidying tasks that are not specifically contained within the rota but require attention as part of maintaining overall high standards.
• Ensure the cleaning rota operates smoothly around both school events and outside lets.
• Report cleaning supplies requirements and stock levels to the line manager.
• Ensure Health & Safety, quality and general procedure compliance.
• Work as part of a team and support other members of the cleaning team to meet standards and school objectives.
• Report any Health and Safety issues to the Office Manager.
· Some knowledge of Health & Safety Regulations as they relate to the operation of cleaning equipment and the dilution of cleaning materials.
· Knowledge of COSSH and the safe use of chemicals.
· Knowledge of cleaning best practises. Willingness to clean any area of the school as requested by the supervisor.
· Willingness to take personal responsibility for standard of work carried out.
· Willingness to participate in further training and development opportunities offered by the school, to further knowledge.
· Willingness to maintain confidentiality on all school matters.
· Will need to be able to manage some heavy lifting.
· Work as part of a team.
· Experience of working as a cleaner or a similar role Ability to work effectively and supportively as a member of the school team.
· Ability to work in an organised and methodical manner.
· Ability to act on own initiative, dealing with any unexpected problems that arise.
· Ability to demonstrate commitment to Equal Opportunities Efficiency and discretion.
· Honesty and integrity.
· Motivation and flexibility.
· Respect and professionalism.
· Time management and multitasking.
· Understanding and following safety rules.
· Understanding and carrying out set tasks.
· Understanding of health and safety regulations.
Closing Date: Wednesday 15th September
Interview Dates: Friday 17th September
The University of Wolverhampton Multi Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We therefore expect all staff and volunteers to work to and within school policies and procedures, including safeguarding, child protection and health and safety.
This post is subject to satisfactory references which will be requested prior to the interview, an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check, medical check, evidence of qualifications, plus verification of the right to work in the UK.
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent and spoken English is an essential requirement for this role.