Accommodation Finding Advisor
37.0 Hours per Week
Solihull Community Housing is seeking an enthusiastic person to join our busy Housing Options Service as an Accommodation Finding Advisor. This is a hugely rewarding, new 12 month role based within our Solihome team.
The role offers the successful candidate the opportunity to achieve tangible and positive outcomes for our customers by working closely with exempt providers and private landlords to negotiate and secure suitable, affordable accommodation that can be used to:
• Prevent and relieve homelessness
• Prevent and reduce stays in temporary accommodation
You will be responsible for the following duties:
• Work closely with exempt providers and landlords to secure suitable properties to meet customer housing need
• Work closely with partner agencies, including homelessness outreach providers, to support customers and maximise positive outcomes
• Supporting customers to remain in their properties through appropriate referrals and support e.g. DHP assistance, debt advice, budgeting
The ideal candidate will have experience of working in a customer facing environment, with people who have various needs. You will have experience of working with partner agencies and you will have strong communication and negotiation skills. We are particularly interested in hearing from those who have an understanding or experience working within homelessness, private rented sector housing or welfare benefits.
The successful candidate will be working in a friendly and professional Team forming part of the Housing Options Service within Solihull Community Housing. You will have the opportunity to help prevent or relieve our customers from becoming homeless and secure settled accommodation for them.
We also offer:
• Competitive pay scheme
• Flexible working, including flexi leave and agile working arrangements
• Generous annual leave entitlements with opportunity to buy up to 10 days’ additional leave per year
• A blended way of working which balances your needs with service delivery.
• Access to our Employee Assistance Programme – a 24 hour independent, free and confidential advice and support service
• Family and carer friendly policies
• Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme
• Employee discounts and benefits including subsidised travel passes, Cycle 2 Work Scheme.
Solihull Community Housing are currently implementing our blended ways of working as we recognise that work is what you do and not necessarily where you go. Our aim is to balance the needs of our employees with service delivery and, for the majority of our roles, to enable our people to be able to work remotely wherever possible.
To apply, please click on the link below. If you have a specific question or require further information regarding this post, please contact Paul Winwood, Team Leader, on 07901 221538.
Please note we do not accept CVs.
Solihull Community Housing is proud to be an Equal Opportunities Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees - a place where we can all be ourselves and succeed on merit.
Solihull Community Housing is committed to safeguarding and protecting children, young people and adults at risk and to promoting their welfare and requires all employees and volunteers share this commitment.
Job Description & Person Specification