Learning Support Practitioner - With a Literacy Focus - Q3 Academy Tipton
Q3 Academy Tipton is an ambitious and rapidly improving Academy, fully committed to raising achievement for students, developing and retaining high quality staff and curriculum innovation. Our Academy's success is underpinned by a relentless focus on raising standards, developing the whole child and improving the quality of provision in every area.
We are seeking to appoint an ambitious and dedicated Learning Support Practitioner. You need to have energy and enthusiasm and willing to contribute to the wider life of the Academy. If you are determined to make a difference to the life chances of young people by raising standards, expectations and achievement we would like to hear from you.
Some of the key responsibilities for this role are:
- Provide training for the support staff on the interventions responsible for, as designated by the Head of School.
- Completion of any requested Interim report information regarding the interventions running.
- Attend Departmental and LSP meetings as requested.
- Assist students in the use of resources including IT.
- Assist students with dress/changing for activities/personal hygiene
- Support individual and group work assigned by the Teacher to raise core skills, support Personalised Learning Plans and help students access the national curriculum
- General support to students in line with an Education, Health and Care Plan or planned provision
- Deliver pre-planned programmes of work under the direction of a Teacher
- Assist in the assessment of students’ attainment and with the recording and monitoring of students progress
- Assist the Teacher with the supervision of students on school trips/visits
Please see the attached Job Description and Person Specification for the full list of duties and qualifications required.
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.
All post holders are subject to a Satisfactory Disclosure & Barring Service Check (DBS) and satisfactory employment references, as well as identification and qualification, prohibition and barred list checks which will be required before commencing duties.
Start Date: As soon as possible
How to apply: Please complete the attached application form and return it the HR Admin Assistant, Eleanor Forte – firstname.lastname@example.org
35.5 Hours per week Permanent, Term time + 5 INSET days + 5 Additional Days
Grade D Point 9 – 17 Actual salary £18,050 - £21,419
Q3 Academy Tipton, Alexandra Road, Tipton, DY4 7NR. However, working across the academy may be required at times
Monday 27th September 2021