You will run our busy school reception desk and play a key role in school administration. This post specifically entails key responsibility for attendance monitoring.
The Role will involve all or some of the following;
- Answering the telephone and dealing with queries
- Maintaining databases
- Monitoring of admin office emails
- Recording pupil attendance and undertaking administrative duties relating to first day absence calls and sending relevant letters to families
- General pupil and parent letters as required
- Maintaining the school diary General photocopying, filing, distribution of post, and admin tasks
- Arranging staff cover, liaising with supply staff, maintaining staff absence spreadsheet
- Manage the schools social media platforms
For more detail please see the job description.
As the first point of contact for families and visitors to the school, as well as pupils and staff, good communication skills and an approachable, professional manner is essential. A sense of humour is essential, as is the ability to work efficiently in a busy environment with many interruptions.
- GCSE Grade 4 in literacy and numeracy
- Previous experience of administration tasks and front of house reception
- Ability to manage social media platforms.
- Able to use all office equipment and has knowledge of administrative, word processing & excel software packages. (Experience of SIMS would be desirable).
Additional Information & How to Apply
Welcombe Hills School always welcomes visitors, however because of COVID-19 we recommend you view our school website; https://www.welcombe-hills.co.uk/
To apply for this position, please download the application details from the website and complete the Application Form. Submit the form by email to email@example.com for the attention of Mrs Melanie Choak – PA to Headteacher.
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check. If you are barred from working with children you are breaking the law if you apply for this post.
If you are successful in being short-listed for interview, you will be contacted via email.
Hours: 37 hours per week, Term Time only plus 5 training days (39 weeks)
8.00 am - 4.00 pm Monday - Wednesday, 8.15 am - 4.00pm Thursday - Friday
Grade: Band E - £18,795 - £19,171 (£14,096 - £14,378 pro rata as term time only)
Closing date: Friday 24th September 2021 9.00am
Interviews will be held on Thursday 30th September 2021