Employment Advisor (Journey Guide)
We now require an Employment Advisor (Journey Guide) to join our Accelerate Building Better Opportunities project team.
To offer advice and guidance to people seeking employment or training and work closely with partners to help project participants access a range of services which will enable them overcome barriers to work.
Salary £24,982-27,582 pro rata (depending upon experience), plus 8% pension contribution
Hours negotiable between 18.5 and 37 per week
Funding for this position is until March 2023
This post is fully funded by the European Social Fund and The National Lottery Community Fund.
For further information and an application pack visit:
Application forms only. No CVs
Closing date: 5pm Thursday 30th September 2021
A Purpose of the post
To organise a tailored package of support for project participants to help them move forward on their journey to employment and to provide information, advice & guidance to individuals with regards to employment and training opportunities.
B Responsible to
C Duties and responsibilities specific to the post
1. Provide career counselling and support programme participants to secure employment or training
2. Provide advice and guidance regarding choices for employment
3. Assist with the preparation of CV's and application forms, help with job hunting and interview rehearsal
4. Refer participants to project partners for additional services
5. Complete all documentation as required by the Accelerate Project, National lottery community fund and European Social Fund including but not limited to eligibility requirements
6. To liaise with employers to identify employment opportunities
7. To ensure that Information Security is maintained at all times
D General Duties and Responsibilities
1. Maintain appropriate work records in accordance with project and agency requirements.
2. Provide cover for other staff, both development and administrative, as appropriate
3. Work to quality standards current in the Agency
4. Undertake any other work which the Team Leader may require in keeping with the general purposes of the job
5. To comply with all agency policies and procedures
A. Essential Requirements
1. Experience providing career counselling
2. Knowledge of training providers and support agencies
3. Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
4. IT skills, including Microsoft Word and Excel
5. Proactive approach to work and experience working in a pressurised environment
6. To be able to give advice and where appropriate seek additional information
7. Knowledge and understanding of the barriers faced by jobseekers preventing them from accessing training and employment
8. Use of a car and willingness to work in venues across Coventry & Warwickshire
9. Base Line Security check to include enhanced DBS check
B. Desirable Requirement
1. NVQ II or equivalent in Advice and Guidance
2. To be prepared to undertake training
Coventry and Warwickshire CDA is an equal opportunities employer
Coventry and Warwickshire CDA is a not for profit organisation which aims to support local people to lead economically active and fulfilling lives by providing useful, practical and accessible services that make a positive difference.